Skip to content

Space Crusade

MikkelMikkel Member Posts: 86
edited December 2012 in Off-Topic
So, is anyone still playing this excellent "casual" miniatures game? Were you when it came out?

I've started making my own board for it (for no better reason than "I want to!"), slowly working on it when the mood strikes me, Work in Progress pictures here - it's far from done yet: http://www.spacecrusade.blogspot.com

@sandmanCCL I think this might interest you, but I don't want to "advertise myself" in your thread :)

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I've had the game since I was about 4.

I miss warhammer quest even more though, since I'm more of a fantasy guy.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Can't say I've ever heard of it, but I've only recently got into tabletop minifig gaming recently.

Considering how much of that is created by hand, I applaud you sir. That's pretty awesome. I'd love to do something like that to design a space hulk inside just as an idea for a playmat in use for 40k. Establishing line of sight would actually matter quite a bit and it seems like something I could do fairly easily with the right materials.

How much that plastic set you back? I know anything made out of petroleum is at a premium right now so it couldn't have been cheap.
  • MikkelMikkel Member Posts: 86
    @sandmanCCL what plastic would that be? So far it's wood and cardboard :)
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Reading that now, I see where I made the mistake. You mentioned making templates out of polystorene and I misread that as making the doors and walls themselves out of that.

Reading that now, I see where I made the mistake. You mentioned making templates out of polystorene and I misread that as making the doors and walls themselves out of that.

Yeah, it's the templates that are polystyrene, it would indeed be a bit (too) pricey to make the whole thing out of it, not to mention that we have nothing even resembling a proper hobby-store within 50 miles, so any stuff like that I have to order online, which is a bit of a hassle.
    Blog updated :)