Skip to content

Cloak of Displacement

EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
Is there a mod to make the animation effect of Cloak of Displacement less of an eyesore?

Comments

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Its something you could probably do yourself. Use Near Infinity, get a copy of CLCK03 and delete the blur effect under the Global Effects heading. Save it and put the edited cloak in your override folder.
    Edwin
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    @CoM_Solaufein

I have been leery of using NI for any possible downstream effects, though I suppose for items, the risk is minimal...thanks.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    NI is safe for items, creatures and spells for EE at the moment. Just don't use it for BAMs, sound files or TIS.

It's what I've been using so far.
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    I've tweaked it, you got it here (along with a similiar version of the Claw of Kazgaroth). Will display blur effect for 10 seconds, then not.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5vago8lf7sfscnm/PF5QEkjExV
    EdwinDinsdalePiranhaArturMattly99
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    @Astafas I notice you also have Elven Chain and The Claw of Kazgaroth in there.

May I ask how you changed them?
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    @Edwin, I used Winbiff to extract the files and then Infinity Engine Editor Pro to change them. The Elven Chainmail is only changed in its appearence. :-)
  • Mattly99Mattly99 Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2013
    Thanks this seems to work just fine in Baldur's gate 2 ee and I was happy to get rid of the visual effect from the Cloak of Displacement. I put it in my override file under data/00783/override and it worked like a charm.
    Post edited by Mattly99 on