Skip to content

Too few weapons

Hi! I thought that the EE-team had sorted this problem. There are about 10 trillion different magical swords but as yet I have only found one (1!) +1 ax and I've cleaned the entire map (I'm in Cloakwood right now). So BGEE-team: ADD MORE WEAPONS FFS!!! Please...

Comments

• valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    Just finish Cloakwood and enter BG city :) There might be an Axe+2 without doing any quest etc, just killing some psychos in the Helm & Cloak Inn. I think there can be another +1 axe bought in the city as well.
    Else in BG1 +1 weapons are usually fine and more is not really needed, and those can be acquired very early ingame.
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Should be a +1 axe for sale in Feldpost's Inn.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    BGEE has already added many new magic weapons, this is meant to be a low-level game, I don't want it flooded with magic items
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    I'm not asking for a flood, just a balance. I chose to double wield axes and I've only found one +1 so far. Another one would be nice...
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    Sorcerous Sundries in BG for another +1 and the mentioned +2 Axe.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Do you remember those new-in-BG:EE throwing axes +1 on sale in ... er ... one of the early shops, I think it was Thunderhammer's Smithy, at a ridiculously cheap price? Well, they can be used as MELEE weapons as well as thrown! (Right-click on the axe after equipping it, and choose melee ability instead of thrown.) So in fact, there are loads of +1 axes easily available.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

Do you remember those new-in-BG:EE throwing axes +1 on sale in ... er ... one of the early shops, I think it was Thunderhammer's Smithy, at a ridiculously cheap price? Well, they can be used as MELEE weapons as well as thrown! (Right-click on the axe after equipping it, and choose melee ability instead of thrown.) So in fact, there are loads of +1 axes easily available.

Although they do 1d6 damage, not 1d8 like a battle axe
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

Although they do 1d6 damage, not 1d8 like a battle axe
    Shh, they're really hand axes!
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Beamdog already added more than enough magic weapons. Personally, I wish they'd reduce that a little. It gets all monty-hauly even before BG2.