Skip to content

Imoen erratic behavior

I was just entering the Gnoll stronghold with Khalid, Jaheira, Dorn, Imoen and Minsc . Minsc had just started to seriously whine about rescuing Jaheira.

I entered the stronghold and was just starting to cross the bridge. All of a sudden, Imoen turned around and whaled away at Minsc and killed him off. I can't figure out why. To solve it, I just let Minsc go and picked up Rasaad to finish the quest.

But what was it that caused this behavior? TIA

Comments

• MikkelMikkel Member Posts: 86
    You mean rescue Dynaheir I assume. My guess is that Minsc gave his "you were too slow, imma bash ya!" speech, and turned hostile, and Imoen responded - and killed him. I don't know of course, but it would make sense.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    The more important question here:

How in the Nine Hells did Imoen kill Minsc in melee!?!?!?!? XD
  • ZuttiZutti Member Posts: 94
    If you delay rescuing Dynaheir for too long, Minsc will turn on you for wasting his time. Kinda sad that Imoen killed him, though!
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Maybe a mistake? Sometimes, I'd click on the "attack" icon until it was highlighted and trip a party member's numerical button...I'm so sorry, Nalia, you're actually my favorite. ;___;
  • PippaPPippaP Member Posts: 13
    Yes, I meant rescue Dynaheir.....I must have taken too long to suit him. His whines were becoming more frequent even though I was headed that way. That must have been it. There was no melee. Minsc never fought back. Imoen turned around to him with her short sword. He stood there stoopid and got whacked. Actually, it was amusing.

To avoid this tragedy, I set him loose in Nashkel before entering the stronghold and picked up Rasaad to sub for him while I completed the quest.