Skip to content

BGEE: Linear Challenge

I have decided to challenge myself for the next BG run. Around the ninth or tenth time I started the game again, I iIbegan to find it tedious because I knew where all the good loot and XP was. I would find myself going through the motions (oh, the Stealth Boots are on this goblin in that mountain area, the +2 sword is with Greywolf, the Ring of Wizardry is in that hole in the ground). So I've challenged myself by only using gear found in ESSENTIAL STORY ENCOUNTERS/DUNGEONS (Cloakwood Mines, Nashkell Mines, etc.) and thriving off the XP gained from this alone. So far it has spiced it up considerably, and is the next best thing to being a fresh-faced new gamer who doesn't know where every single item is. Also, I am adding a bit more nastiness by only using dropped wands/potions/spells; no buying from stores (except potion bag).

NOTE: Essential companion quests (Gnoll Fortress, Neera/Rasaad/Dorn, Coran's wyverns etc.) are permitted.

Give it a try!

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited December 2012
    That is a nice enough challenge. But what we need is item randomiser mod working for BG:EE then it would be great! ^^
  • SarnindSarnind Member Posts: 256
    if u want a serius challenge try my BG EE improved difficulties mod. Just put file override in 00766 .

https://hotfile.com/dl/186660894/404cae8/override.rar.html

the source
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13710/super-mod-difficolta-modding#latest
    Umm what does it do? An English explanation would have been neat.:)
    don t worry, it's a simple mod that changes the majority of the monsters, making them a lot stronger and more remunative
    Sarnind said:

don t worry, it's a simple mod that changes the majority of the monsters, making them a lot stronger and more remunative

Oh no I was just curious. Does it affect scripts, give enemies new spells/abilities, new weapons, or just triple their HPs give them +5 to hit and saves etc (like a Heart of Fury mod?) umm sorry for hijacking the thread.

I sincerely hope that randomiser mod can be available for BG:EE fast enough though. Beefing up monsters is one thing, breaking the routine by randomising all magical items in the game is anorher.
    Yes similar heart fury mod but without news items