Skip to content

Melicamp?

Is there any way to increase the chances of success with Melicamps (talking chicken) quest or is it just a dice roll? Last three times I did this resulted in failure and since I always play either no reloads or minimal reloads (only on PC death) there is no "redo" option for me...

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    There is no way to increase the chance of success... if the magic fails you will earn a chicken for dinner.

btw.. if you eat a chicken which was once a human, are you considered a cannibal??
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    mch202 said:

There is no way to increase the chance of success... if the magic fails you will earn a chicken for dinner.

btw.. if you eat a chicken which was once a human, are you considered a cannibal??

Yeah I was afraid of that but figured it was worth asking...

As for the cannibalism I'd say not as long as you are not now (or have ever been) a chicken... ;-)

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    It's 50/50. You have just been unlucky.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Wanderon said:

mch202 said:

As for the cannibalism I'd say not as long as you are not now (or have ever been) a chicken... ;-)

None for Khalid then.

• FrostyFrosty Member Posts: 190
    This quest is affterd by your reaction modifirer. when you first pick up Melichamp
  • szbszb Member Posts: 220
    edited December 2012
    Frosty said:

This quest is affterd by your reaction modifirer. when you first pick up Melichamp

Are you sure? I did notice that in my bard runs (I always take 18 charisma with bards) it always worked for the first time but I tought it was just luck.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Frosty said:

Really? I thought it was random and you could reload until it worked okay. I never did reload though.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Frosty said:

If so it didn't help my current guy who has a cha 17 and a relatively high reputation for early game.

• XanthulXanthul Member Posts: 57
    CHA 19 and rep 20 for me, didn't work the first time
  • lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    My 20 Cha Fighter with average rep (10-12, not sure where it was exactly) didn't get it the first time. I do reload though. Got it on the third. I think it's just 50/50.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Frosty said:

A good reaction adjustment will give you the opportunity to do his quest after you turn him down the first time. But it won't affect the 50/50 chance to change him back to a man.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Yeah, Antichickenator is just a 50/50 spell. Just be glad it wasn't a 33.3/33.3/33.3, Works/kills chicken/kills everyone within 5 miles of High Hedge, like Thalantyr mentioned as a possibility.