Skip to content

Urgent! - EDIT: Not so Urgent anymore :)

James93James93 Member Posts: 25
edited January 2013 in Multiplayer
Hello
I can't find a Forum that explains it. But can someone reply with Instruction on how to Connect to Multiplayer.
-With Instructions on how to find you IP (to give to other people)
-How to open certain Ports (whatever ports they may be)
-And anything else that i don't know about that is required for people to join.

Thanks in Advance
Post edited by James93 on

Comments

• majinsnakemajinsnake Member Posts: 113
    1. www.ipchicken.com

2. http://findports.com/document.php?tag=baldurs-gate - Ports for the game. Make sure you add them to your router/firewall if you have one for playing the game. That includes the windows firewall. Add 47630 port as well. All TCP/UDP.

3. I don't know what else you don't know about joining others. Type in IP address, click join.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Portforward.com for instructions on how to forward ports by router
  • James93James93 Member Posts: 25
    Thanks for the Information guys
    I'm assuming that opening ports on the Windows Firewall wont work?
  • majinsnakemajinsnake Member Posts: 113
    You can try that.

I don't use windows firewall. If you still can't run the game, you need to open ports through the firewall.
  • Ragdoll83Ragdoll83 Member Posts: 34
    Hi I don't have problems with forwarding ports, but noone in my social circle is a fan of this game so don't really have anyone to share it with. Does anyone know when it will be made easier to find ppl to play with and when it will be possible to do so? (like a chat lobby or something and the possibility to create games in it?)
  • LazyVulpesLazyVulpes Member Posts: 18
    Ragdoll83 said:

Hi I don't have problems with forwarding ports, but noone in my social circle is a fan of this game so don't really have anyone to share it with. Does anyone know when it will be made easier to find ppl to play with and when it will be possible to do so? (like a chat lobby or something and the possibility to create games in it?)

I don't, but in the meanwhile you may want to check this thread out..

https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7992/247-teamspeak-meeting-spot-find-people-to-play-with-now-yes-they-work

I'm there, right now, waiting...