Skip to content

Order of the stick

BenjaminBenjamin Member Posts: 39
http://www.giantitp.com/

Anyone else read this comic?

Comments

• ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    I read it, and occasionally rather like it. Could update a bit more often, though - even when the author hasn't hurt his hand.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Read every single strip... Nale is based on me... (or am I based on Nale)
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Who doesn't?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I don't.

But that's only because I've already read it, and with Rich Burlew's injury there haven't been new comics recently. :)
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    @belgarathmth pointed me in the direction of that, I love him for it. Very funny. I hope his hand heals before I get caught up.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I've made it required reading for everyone in my D&D group.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Yep, I'm a huge fan. I'm up into the 800's now, so I'm about to catch up. I hope Mr. Burlew's hand gets well enough soon for him to resume drawing.

When it starts out, it's just good, freaking hilarious, off-the-wall parody. But as it evolves over time, you start to care about the characters, and they all have growing character arcs, and the later strips are a lot deeper in story development, and even serious sometimes, although the comedy never stops. "Order of the Stick" is a treasure, and a gift to D&D gamers everywhere.
    I think the best stories are, indeed, those that start as pure parodies, only to end up developing their characters and bringing in some drama... but never truly losing the laughs.

Order of the Stick is among the best of such.
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    Oh, bugger, I just got a new addiction... ;)
  • amftronamftron Member Posts: 109
    Loved it, and Goblins.

I DECLARE MY DODGE ON YOU !
    Goblins is also pretty great sometimes. The art is kind of horrible, and it tends to get darn melodramatic sometimes, but when it gets good, it gets really good.
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    Is it just me, or does anyone else have Skeletor's voice in their head for Xylon?
  • AzraelAzrael Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2012
    ^^^^ says everything
  • MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    edited December 2012
    One of the best fantasy webcomics out there. Too bad about the authors accident, but i like it so much i will wait even if it takes a year to heal.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Yeah, I am a total fan. Read its books too, they have a lot of exclusive backstory for the comic characters we love/hate.
  • Aron_TimesAron_Times Member Posts: 18
    You can buy the books here. They contain a lot of extra content not found online. Two of the print-only books are prequels, with On the Origin of PCs detailing the backstories of the Order of the Stick, and Start of Darkness covering Xykon and Redcloak's backstories. Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tails, on the other hand, is noncanonical, and contains strips from Dragon Magazine as well as new bonus content.

The other four books compile the online strips in print form and have some bonus content, too, including commentary from Rich Burlew. They are, in order, Dungeon Crawlin' Fools, No Cure for the Paladin Blues, War and XPs, and Don't Split the Party.

http://www.ookoodook.com/store/comics_order-of-the-stick.shtml
  • MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    edited January 2013
    Order of the stick is back. Everyone hurry over there to read the new comic!
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0864.html#
    Post edited by Michail on