Skip to content

Help with an Evil party

trh5001trh5001 Member Posts: 5
edited December 2012 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
Hello, while I have played and beaten this game numerous times it has always been with a good aligned party. I am now looking to do an evil party but am not sure as to what npcs are available on the evil side of things in terms of quality. I am trying to pick a player character that will fill in these missing npc gaps and was wondering if anyone had any preferred npcs or must have payer classes to make up for something that is lacking on the npc side. The only thing I am sure of is I will be taking Dorn as on my first play through with the enhanced edition I couldn't reasonably find a way to work him into my paladins party for role play purposes. Thank you for any advice you may be able to give and sorry if this question has been asked before. I look forward to your invaluable input.
Post edited by trh5001 on

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Evil NPCs can be considered the best npcs for their class in the game, many can be picked up early as well.

For fighters you have:
    Kagain in Beregost with a high con. and Dorm. You also have Shar-teel in the map west of the temple.

Clerics, you have
    The best one in the game with Viconia who can be obtained in Peldvale. She has a high Wisdom and magic resistance making her a viable option.

Mages
    you have Xzar right off the bat with Monteron who is also a decent thief and you also have Edwin, found in Nashkel who has more spells per day than any other npc mage.

For Charname, playing a multiclass or dualed thief is an option especially if you are not going to take your childhood friend along with you.
  • trh5001trh5001 Member Posts: 5
    Thank you this is exactly what I was looking for.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Every NPC is good.

Except Garrick.
  • OgaburanOgaburan Member Posts: 83
    There is also an interesting female fighter if you go east of the temple... With somewhat of a "plot"-twist regarding her heritage.

Also, whats a "Garrick"?
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    Poor Garrick. Giving CHARNAME bards a bad name since forever
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TinterTinter Member Posts: 152
    Montaron, Kagain, Edwin and Viconia are probably the four most powerful evil NPCs, if thats your concern. Then just fill out the 5th slot with whoever fits best with your Charname and playstyle.
  • OgaburanOgaburan Member Posts: 83
    Despite Faldorn being neutral, i think she fits extremely well with an evil party.
  • DurothDuroth Member Posts: 17
    As for a thief to add to the party I would add Safana who is a couple of areas south of Candle Keep the light house area. She is CN and a damn good thief. Oh and bring the helm of charm protection with you, just helpful hint.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    If your PC is level 5, you now have another Evil party member to recruit:

Go to Larswood, south of Peldvale; in the lower region you'll find a broken tower. Approach it and you'll be able to recruit Baeloth the Entertainer from "The Black Pits". He's a formidable Chaotic Evil Sorcerer and a drow, which means 50 percent magic resistance.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    shawne said:

If your PC is level 5, you now have another Evil party member to recruit:

Go to Larswood, south of Peldvale; in the lower region you'll find a broken tower. Approach it and you'll be able to recruit Baeloth the Entertainer from "The Black Pits". He's a formidable Chaotic Evil Sorcerer and a drow, which means 50 percent magic resistance.
    Was he a recent addition? I'm on the iPad not sure I've seen him before.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    He was added in the latest patch (v1.0.2012), but I'm not sure how that translates to the iPad version...
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    He does not yet exist on the iPad version.
    That would explain it. Thank you.