Skip to content

Lumar (Original Artwork)

AranorAranor Member Posts: 2
edited December 2012 in Fan Creations
Earlier this year I painted a portrait for my BG2 playthrough. I had a specific goal in mind to mimic the BG2 style as closely as possible. I was going for a sort of swashbuckler / bard look.

I could upload the files to use my artwork in the game, but it seems the custom portrait system has changed in the Enhanced Edition? Even the dimensions are different now? Could someone confirm?

BGEE-ready download here.
Post edited by Aranor on
KlonoaCuvsandmanCCLThe_New_RomancebigdogchrisBugratAldericTJ_HookerchrstnmonksSanctiferDavseth

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited December 2012
    That's a pretty good imitation of the BG2 style.

These are the new portrait dimensions:

L 210x330
    M 169x266
    S 54x84

You may also want to read the announcement for instructions on how to add custom portraits to the game.
  • AranorAranor Member Posts: 2
    Thanks a bunch, Jalily. I added a download link to my original post.
  • dreambleddreambled Member Posts: 48
    that's pretty awesome!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Could also be a good portrait for Rumar in the copper coronet.
  • KlonoaKlonoa Member Posts: 93
    That's awesome you ended up here, I linked your art somewhere a while ago. Seriously I've not seen anyone else who has done such a great job of replicating that style for their own art. He looks amazing and you should do some more :)
    The_New_Romance
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Matching the color palette so perfectly to Aerie's portrait in BG2 is pretty impressive. Did you start with that as a base?
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    That portrait looks really, really great. Definitely looks like it belonged with the original content. I really would encourage you to do more work like this, it's beautiful.
  • Key_StrokesKey_Strokes Member Posts: 36
    Indeed, that does an excellent job of capturing the aesthetic of BG2 portraits. @Aranor, very nicely done!
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Wow, that is gorgeous work! A shame I already use a different portrait for my Blade charname (and I've gotten quite attached to it), this would've fit *perfectly*.
  • AranorAranor Member Posts: 2
    Thanks everyone! I liked working in this style, although it did require a lot more time and effort than my usual paintings. Now that I'm more familiar with this style and palette, I suppose doing a second portrait would be slightly less time consuming.

@sandmanCCL, I didn't use Aerie as a base. I made a collage of all the BG2 portraits and referenced them as a whole. The collage was also useful in that I could place my painting among the others to see how well it blended in.
    sandmanCCLKlonoa
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I'll look forward to seeing more from you if you decide to do so. I've favourited the thread so I song miss any updates, I think that gives me notifications when people post, right?
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    This is the style of portraits I look forward to seeing more of. Very good.
  • BugratBugrat Member Posts: 118
    This is really great. Thanks for making this, which is in my opinion the best custom BGII portrait ever. You really mastered the look and I second the request for more portraits like this.
    The_New_Romance