Skip to content

Preventing Dorn from leaving a good party

Hello I was wondering if it's possible to slap on the helm of alignment change on Dorn and in doing so preventing him from leaving a high reputation party. Either that or Shadowkeeping his alignment. Is this possible? I typically play heroic parties but Dorn seems so über cool

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    1. Cast 'Flesh to Stone' on Dorn
    2. Place the statue in your inventory
    3. ???
    4. PROFIT
  • szbszb Member Posts: 220
    Don't get more then 18 reputation and he won't leave. If you take Viconia you can use an exploit to keep your rep at 18 always. As soon as you get 18+rep, kick out Viconia. Your rep will increase to 20, the hire her back again and it will be back to 18.
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    edited December 2012
    Kill a random stranger in the map including flaming fist mercenaries in isolated areas...
  • WittandWittand Member Posts: 54
    I used Shadow Keeper to change his aligment to true neutral and did not run into any problems so far.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    BG2 Tweaks prevents people from leaving when reputation is not to their liking.
  • true_shinkentrue_shinken Member Posts: 84
    I'm pretty sure you don't even need Viconia. When Dorn joins your party, your reputation goes down by 2 points. I think he uses the same gimmick Viconia does.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Just make sure Rep doesn't get above 18. One way is to avoid doing a lot of the really simple little quests that raise Rep +1. If Rep does creep up to 18 a thief can get caught stealing in a house. If an innocent dies even accidentally from something the party does Rep takes a major dip.
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    edited January 2013
    Helm of opposite alignment on Dorn, and I've got a reputation of 20 with no problem.

Edit:
    It's a legit way with no modding to turn Dorn good. From a role playing stand point your party could have tricked him into putting the helm on.
  • jcdenton11jcdenton11 Member Posts: 20
    Lemernis said:

Just make sure Rep doesn't get above 18. One way is to avoid doing a lot of the really simple little quests that raise Rep +1. If Rep does creep up to 18 a thief can get caught stealing in a house. If an innocent dies even accidentally from something the party does Rep takes a major dip.

The safest way to do this is to steal something, then as soon as the guard prompt shows up, leave quickly before they turn red and they will not follow you and you won't risk losing rep by murdering the guards. It does take longer than being a killer though.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    moopy said:

Helm of opposite alignment on Dorn, and I've got a reputation of 20 with no problem.

Edit:
    It's a legit way with no modding to turn Dorn good. From a role playing stand point your party could have tricked him into putting the helm on.

I also like that his affects show "cursed", and wearing it seems the balanced since he cannot wear a more impressive helm like glory or baldurans
    @ReadingRambo

Side note, it makes it so he can't equip the Rancor. It will stay equipped, but it either deequips when you select a ranged weapon or it eventually unequips itself not sure which one.

By the time you are killing the demon knight on the top floor I would think you'd have an alternative like spider bane though.
    Yah I noticed that, when I load my game I plan to go kill that named ogre for his +1 greatsword, and later use spiders bane or worlds edge from durlags
    You managed to kill the demon knight on the top floor of durlags before he dimension doors for the helm of opposite alignment before getting spiders bane?

I guess with wands of paralyze with some reloads would work at almost any level. What was your tactic?
    Lol sorry guess I should have mentioned I consoled it in to test Dorn with it.