Skip to content

Performance problems on iPad 3 with area spells

GulsGuls Member Posts: 4
Hi there,

A few hours into the game, I experience major performance problems with most area spells, such as Jahera's Entangle, or Edwin's lights. As soon as I cast these spells, the game gets extremely slow and almost unplayable, to the point that I avoid using them, depriving my part from its crowd control.

I'm playing on an iPad 3 (or "New iPad") so I'm a bit surprised at this performance issue. Is it only me ? Are there options that I can turn off to make it better ?

Comments

• masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    This is supposed to be one of the things that is fixed with the patch. Unfortunately, Apple froze all app approval for Christmas, so we have to wait for the next version to make it through.
  • LazarusNineLazarusNine Member Posts: 44
    iKrivetko said:
    I had to look up what "RTFM" meant on Urban Dictionary (my guess was correct). I must be getting old - can't keep up with Internet speak these days!

On the OP's point, you'll find this discussed at length. An eventual patch might help, but that's a ways off. Trent Oster's latest tweet suggests we might be waiting until the Mac version is released to 'synchronise' patch updates for multiplayer compatibility across devices. To be honest, it would be nice to just enjoy single player as it should be on the iPad. I'm still playing it and loving it, but playing the original using Baldur's Gate Trilogy installed on my PC is so much smoother. Too bad it's not as darn convenient!
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Please check the thread iKrivetko lists before making ANY posts about ANY problems you're facing. The most likely result is that you'll find the issue listed there and that there's already a thread you can add your "me too!" too without cluttering up either the iPad forum or the Known Issues thread.

Thanks in advance for helping a few of us keep the forum and the threads clean so that information flows more easily!