Skip to content

Magreb and Rilsa

In Adoy's Enclave during Neera's side quest, Magreb is asking me to find the spot where Rilsa was murdered. Unless I've missed my guess, the body next to the treasure pile in the cave is Rilsa, but I cannot inform Magreb of this. I tried bringing her personal effects back to him, but this doesn't open up any new conversation options.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    [Deleted User]tbone1
  • Ah! That did it. Problem solved. Although when I traveled back the body had disappeared, I was still able to find the circle cursor where it used to be. It might be a good idea to change it so that the body doesn't disappear unless you bury/interact with it.
    Avenger_teambghajimodottir
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Reported in tracker
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    edited December 2012
    Altough there is no quest entry for that. (or for the whole Magreb thing) And playing with a wild mage myself, I find the lack of interaction with Adoy and Neera a bit strange.
    Zarathustralolien
  • acebojanglesacebojangles Member Posts: 3
    What's up with no reward for this? Not even a reputation increase? Seriously?
  • ZarathustraZarathustra Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2012

What's up with no reward for this? Not even a reputation increase? Seriously?

Yeah had to walk all the way back to that cave and back for jack shit.

CaptRory
  • MaximaxouMaximaxou Member Posts: 24
    I thought the quest was bugged just before reading this topic... To see that there is a possibility to interact with the body, the only thing needed is some luck, a lot of luck. An other thing : I decided to let the body like it was, leaving the choice of what to do of it to her husband (when I talked to him he just asked me to find where she died). And then when I go and announce him, he leaves and I have no xp point. And like you said, no quest in the diary.

Quite disappointing...
    ankheg
  • blatantninjablatantninja Member Posts: 29
    Yeah, I have to say that while I like Neera as a character, I'm pretty disappointed in her quest and new area. I'm still enjoying the game, and like a lot of the new features, but one of the main things that pumped me up about BGEE was the new areas, and Neera's is a pretty big dud.
  • PishowdaPishowda Member Posts: 2
    yeah.. disappointed that there is nothing in the quest journal. Also disappointed that I had to put the extra effort in just to find where to click on the body.
  • PishowdaPishowda Member Posts: 2
    also.. as someone else mentioned earlier, it still doesnt give you any reward whatsoever. Just skip the quest.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    We played this right today in multiplayer and we were very suprised that no xp no reawrd no journal entry was given that day.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Yes, this subquest is clearly either unfinished or bugged, it certainly ought to generate journal entries at the beginning and end, and probably ought to yield some minor reward.
    SpaceInvader
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    And the dialog is quite bad.... I mean usually when you get to the guy you've already finished the cave, so why do you promise you will look for the goblins?
    lolien
  • NyxlNyxl Member Posts: 34
    I think there actually is some reward :
    a belt that gives the wearer a -5 bonus to save versus polymorph.

But I agree that this part is disappointing, compared to Rasaad's much richer story line (I still haven't finished Dorn's one yet).

First, it's dramatically short : a few dialogs where Neera poses as some misunderstood, spell-slinging hipster, and then 'oh, hey, let's go see that guy Adoy, he can help me'.

Second,
    I felt compelled to follow the goblin guide as soon as I saw an opening for dialog/negociation with the goblin (I just can't help it). I only met Magreb after I cleaned the caves. It was a bit awkward to find that crazed ranger, get the quest and talk to him immediately again ('Oh, by the way, I've already found your wife, she was dead so...').

Third, I was under the impression that the whole thing was an attempt at a humorous side quest, but it felt out of place, especially when Neera got all drama-queen instead of having learnt a lesson. Baldur's Gate has an overall dark atmosphere, and the few funny touches are either smooth (irony and sarcasm in the dialogs) or completely goofy (chickenified mage apprentice wannabe, or a kobold paired with two xvarts). Here, with Neera, it does not quite fit, in my opinion. She sounds like a whiny teenage girl, a bit like Aerie in BG2, but Aerie does evolve into a strong woman (capable of earning even Jaheira's respect, woah), while Neera stays the same self-centered teenage girl...

But I did like the area, which reminded me more of Icewind Dale than BG2. And I loved Icewind Dale. Anyway, the only formal argument against that story line is its shortness, with just the one specific mission, while Rasaad has two (encounter in Baldur's Gate, then the temple of Shar), and Dorn at least two (as far as I've discovered).

I haven't located any thread asking to extend Neera's story line, in the 'Feature Request' section, maybe it would be an interesting suggestion...
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Nyxl said:

I think there actually is some reward :

a belt that gives the wearer a -5 bonus to save versus polymorph.
    No, that's the main reward for Neera's quest, it's not for the Magreb/Rilsa subquest. There is currently no reward for the Magreb/Rilsa subquest.
    Nyxl said:

Anyway, the only formal argument against that story line is its shortness, with just the one specific mission, while Rasaad has two (encounter in Baldur's Gate, then the temple of Shar), and Dorn at least two (as far as I've discovered).

Neera does, in fact, have a small further part:
    there is a Neera-specific encounter in the North section of BG city, where she meets a previous travelling-companion, and it's brief but quite amusing.
    Dorn has three encounters if you count the ambush where you first recruit him, but I'm not sure whether you included that or not. Certainly, however, Rasaad has by far the meatiest questline of the new characters.
  • GeronGeron Member Posts: 16
    You're getting xps now for telling him what happened to her.
    ankheg
  • Abby_ZeroAbby_Zero Member Posts: 68
    The reward was the
    Rocky and Bullwinkle
    Easter egg

Duh ;)
    [Deleted User]