Skip to content

Key-bindings?

HvitrEbrithilHvitrEbrithil Member Posts: 36
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
Will it be possible to apply your own custom key-bindings? F1.F12 was great and all, but someone might want to go for a different set-up that enables them to cast spells quicker, especially in a multiplayergame where you cannot utilize the pause-function to the same extent.
Corvino

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Seeing that you could to it already in BG2 entirely, I think you can do it in BGEE as well. I mean, you can set any key binding for any priest or wizard spell, so yeah!

Quick Load button would be welcome though.
    HvitrEbrithil
  • HvitrEbrithilHvitrEbrithil Member Posts: 36
    But I'm talking about customizing it ALL. Like the hot-keys for selection characters, the hot-keys for going to the spellbook/priest spellbook/options, and so on..

And yes, quick load would really be neat to have! A bit risky tho... Better not bind it to a central key..
    Cheesebelly
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @HvitrEbrithil : Baldur's Gate 1 did it well - Ctrl+L. Icewind Dale only used L, but you could easily get things wrong and make an epic quickload fail (had several of those myself XD )

As for hotkeys, I don't know, we should wait for some official info really. HEAR ME DEVELOPERS?! D:
    HvitrEbrithil
  • HvitrEbrithilHvitrEbrithil Member Posts: 36
    It's said that when you talk of the devil, the devil can hear you. Let's hope it's the same with developers! :D
    Yeah a two-way bind, or just the possibility of a two-way bind would eliminate that problem, nice thinking.
  • capitano666capitano666 Member Posts: 2
    Indeed, I have a non-US keyboard and thus can't use the "=" keybind for "select all" :(
    HvitrEbrithil
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    edited January 2013
    Custom keybinds is a good one - not just abilities either. I managed to convince a friend of mine to play a multiplayer game with me and he asked me how to keybind WASD to scroll around the map. I felt sheepish telling him this couldn't be done at the moment.

I (and my less oldschool friend) would appreciate custom keybind options.
    HvitrEbrithil
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    @Cheesebelly - pressing 'L' works for me for quickload, this is using BG:EE
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    Corvino said:

Custom keybinds is a good one - not just abilities either. I managed to convince a friend of mine to play a multiplayer game with me and he asked me how to keybind WASD to scroll around the map. I felt sheepish telling him this couldn't be done at the moment.

I (and my less oldschool friend) would appreciate custom keybind options.

I actually have remapped it to the WASD keys as well, I highly recommend it. But I have it set up so that I have to hit the 4th mouse button at the same time for it to work, to prevent accidental scrolling and whatnot (kind of like shift+WASD).

For anyone else too impatient to wait for a feature that may never get added, definitely check out the software AutoHotKey, you will not regret it.

What I think would be awesome is a way to click and drag the map around.