Skip to content

There is an excellent online Baldur's Gate game out there.

Comments

• BoooomBoooom Member Posts: 20
    Nice movie :)

Very mature, though it could use some Action scenes maybe?
  • YathrinYathrin Member Posts: 70
    Nice story video. No one has really made any video trailer of actual gameplay in BGTSCC. There are a few videos but they consist of screenshots like the video above. Someone should write a script and create one in cooperation with other players.
  • JamsethJamseth Member Posts: 3
    Meh i don't like the visuals at all.
    You don't like the 3d or you think it needz action shots? I really like the way Candlekeep looks in the movie. I haven't been there yet in game. :O
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    edited December 2012
    Most who like BG will NOT like a PW (especially not one based on BG). The reason being, BG is a static, SP style game, where you have your PC and the various NPCs that basically "flesh out" the game. In BG, you have infinite freedom to do whatever it is you like - no-one is there to be affected by what you do, and as such, cannot object.

This is not true of a PW! On a PW (Persistent World), you will be at the whims of the Owners, Staff, DMs, and yes, other Players. There will be rules that must be abided by, and no, you will NOT have the classic BG NPCs with their banter, etc on a PW.

If this was a 3D version of BG, I rather suspect that many would be interested (especially if the banter, etc was included and expanded on). However, it is not - it is just a PW based on BG.

This means that you will meet up with all sorts of Players, and that you will have limited control, influence, and possibilities when compared to the SP version of BG.

Be sure to first visist the forums, and make ABSOLUTELY sure that you understand the rules and guidelines laid out by the Staff, or you will find yourself quickly in trouble, if not banned.

I am a longtime veteran of NWN, and all I can say about NWN2 is...it was promising, but Obsidian dropped the ball. Big time. It was just too big of a mess for the company to do - combined with all the troubles at the time, just...too much for Obsidian.

YMMV.
    edited December 2012
    I don't see where you're coming from there but tastes vary I suppose. I can tell you from experience the banning thing isn't true. They even have a system of appeals against a ban to ensure there is no abuse of power. I thought that was kind of over the top since no other MMORPG or Persistent World has that. No, the only folks I've seen banished are the people who grief others by killing without consent repeatedly etc..
    But thats common sense when playing with other people.

About Singleplayer, I found something awesome a while ago:
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/167/index/3120312/37

There's a Singleplayer Baldur's Gate Mod for NWN2 in development, slated for a Januari / Februari release. Its been under development for - get this - 4 years non-stop. That's going to be EPIC.

I still want Baldurs Gate 2 Enhanced though :D
  • DaerRaghDaerRagh Member Posts: 5
    Boooom said:

Nice movie :)

Very mature, though it could use some Action scenes maybe?

Thank you. Yes, an improved video will be made containing action scenes, creatures and more scenic scenes. It is important to note that BG:TSCC has a large Underdark as well, plus a whole northern region that stretches from Baldur's Gate up to the High Moor, Serpent Hills and the Troll Claws. The Cloudpeaks can also be entered and even descend into the north of Amn.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    That module is absolutely terrible... The server is full of people who just sit around talking to each other for Roleplaying XP
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Elendar said:

That module is absolutely terrible... The server is full of people who just sit around talking to each other for Roleplaying XP

I know, right? Who wants to develop a plot, get into character, and learn about each others' characters?

• badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    edited December 2012

Elendar said:

I know, right? Who wants to develop a plot, get into character, and learn about each others' characters?

Haha to true!!!

Zomgdddsss no CTRL+8 worst game evarz
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    edited December 2012

*fails to stifle huge yawn* Exactly, why don't you live your own life instead of that of your character? :P

I don't mind roleplaying in a game... but to just sit outside the Friendly Arm Inn for 4-5 hours a day doing nothing but "roleplaying".... Just... lol

Anyways, Legends of Arcadia is 50X better than BG:TSC
    edited December 2012
    DaerRagh said:

Thank you. Yes, an improved video will be made containing action scenes, creatures and more scenic scenes. It is important to note that BG:TSCC has a large Underdark as well, plus a whole northern region that stretches from Baldur's Gate up to the High Moor, Serpent Hills and the Troll Claws. The Cloudpeaks can also be entered and even descend into the north of Amn.

Any news on the new video? A few weeks ago I tried making one myself but couldn't find a good free app that allows to make a decent video without severe restrictions.
  • AQuebmanAQuebman Member Posts: 8
    //OOC: Just wanted to show you how hard it is to post an out of character in the game.
    Mungri I hear you man I would love to have a server where those rules weren't needed but if you have ever been in a game where the GM's have disappeared or the game is a shadow of itself ala Everquest circa right now you will see why the rules exist. You and I may be able to curse at each other and tell inappropriate jokes without a problem but plenty of 9 year olds will scream Dick Fart 30 million times and will name their character lolpwnzorcoptorroflbbqsaucedickmouth on a roleplaying server.

The comment about NWN being a crap offensive remake of BG is just stupid. BG by itself is a fine remake of the Multiplayer Tabletop D&D games I have played throughout the years as a child. I find BG's inability to mimic every last detail of my game table a tragedy but it's still an awesome game. MMO's only suck if you can't handle rules, you follow rules in every day life and if you don't like them you get a slap of varying severity for it. Go ahead try to get a license plate that says Dicfart and learn that we follow similar rules in our every day lives.

This game is a nice place for people who want to play an individual character before the events of BG and have actual unexpected events run by real gm's. You don't have to like it but don't ruin the enjoyment of others by crying on a forum promoting the game. I'm sure in your life some DM, Boss, or Police officer didn't let you do what you wanted and it made you mad and that's where this is truly coming from.

/NerdRage on Cooldown
  • AQuebmanAQuebman Member Posts: 8
    BTW Oggle Steambottle 2nd level Dwarven Fighter at your service, and I don't give a rats arse if i'm not some powerbuild we'll have a blast if any of you other jerkoffs care to join me.
  • UlysissUlysiss Member Posts: 18
    Hey all,

Been meaning to get on this server for a few weeks now, finally managed to get it all done last night.

Anyone on here play on a GMT +8 Timezone (Australia, KL etc)? ingame name also Ulysiss. It was understandably a bit quiet when I zoned in last night so drop me a PM if your keen to play.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    AQuebman said:

//OOC: Just wanted to show you how hard it is to post an out of character in the game.

And even that's longer than needed. All that's necessary is //Example or ((Example, whichever suits you best.
    edited January 2013
    scriver said:

AQuebman said:

And even that's longer than needed. All that's necessary is //Example or ((Example, whichever suits you best.
    Yeah I love that feature. Adds a lot of comfort :D

I also really like the languages my character can speak. Elven and Draconic sound really cool, like they have a dictionary it uses to translate from!
  • DaerRaghDaerRagh Member Posts: 5
    Mungri said:

scriver said:

@Mungri -

Mungri said:

Just about all MMOs are like that. Make a hilarious character name, get banned for being offensive. Noty.

Want to give an example of what such a name could be?

@Dino -
    Dino said:

Sry, didnt read the whole thread. But from what Ive gathered through my google research this mod seems a dystopian pocket of existance, opressed by fascist roleplayers. And cow people.

Yes, I do realize this might not be an altogether accurate judgement. Just another 2 coins in the ring!

By "fascist roleplayers", are you referring to the fact that people want you to roleplay on a roleplaying server? Would you crash a PnP rp session and then call them fascist when you don't follow their standards as well?
    Maybe I just wouldn't join in on that game and then I wouldn't have to play by its rules, how about that? Comparing such a strict and highly moderated online game to the complete freedom to play however you like in BG is an insult to BG and the superiority of single player RPGs in general.

The server that this thread is about isnt an 'excellent online baldurs gate game' at all, its merely a mediocre NWN server with immersion breaking rules and facist moderators running on the single worst 3D engine of all time pretending to be Baldurs Gate.
    I'm sorry sir, but you are mistaken. The rules are in place to ensure a fun RP experience for all. They are fairly mild. Unless your aim is to deliberately disrupt gameplay with offensive names and roleplay. Very few online games offer a good and immersive RP experience. BGTSCC however, does.
  • MikkelMikkel Member Posts: 86
    Yathrin said:

This week Gamespy has stopped supporting many older games including NWN 1 and NWN 2. Fortunately, this doesn't really affect NWN1/NWN2 but many other games will now be unplayable in multiplayer. In order to play BGTSCC now you need to use the "Direct Connect" button instead of the "Join Internet Game" button and insert the IP address of the server, which is 208.94.245.10:5121.

http://bgtscc1.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29969

Might want to add that to the first post, it's not hard to find right now, being near the end, but in a few pages, it might be a hassle :)
  • ThorssonThorsson Member Posts: 190
    Except that you no longer need Direct Connect, providing you install Skywing's Client Extension:

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=nwn2other.Detail&id=231
    Mikkel said:

Might want to add that to the first post, it's not hard to find right now, being near the end, but in a few pages, it might be a hassle :)

That's a good idea. I updated the first post.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    The rules are in place to ensure a fun RP experience for all.
    This is the major difference between an Online experience, and the SP experience (along with the NPC banter, of course).

Online, as I outlined, always contains limitations to what you may do - this is boxed into the "to ensure a fun RP experience for all" catch-all. In an SP environment, one does not have these types of limitations.

As I have had many years of online experience in the NWN community, both NWN and NWN2, and I have been on the Staffs of PWs from both games, I think I can speak from experience here.

An Online PW is not for everyone, especially those coming from an SP background, expecting that sort of experience. As I suggested before, I would strongly suggest first researching said Online PW, before plunging in.

It can (and probably will) save one much grief beforehand to do so.

Again, YMMV.

• Aron_TimesAron_Times Member Posts: 18
    I started playing on this server again after seeing this thread. I rebuilt my 18th-level sorcerer, Aron Times, into a 13th-level sorcerer (you can sacrifice a character to add 1/2 of his/her XP to a brand new character), and right now, I'm trying to set up a Teleport taxi service in the Sword Coast. I get to travel to exotic locations and bring people with me and get paid for it. My character is currently waiting for a reply to the letters he sent to the Grand Dukes of Baldur's Gate, the Mayor of Beregost, and the Mayor of Nashkel regarding taxes and regulations relating to teleportation magic. He already has an Amnian Magic License, so I'm not gonna run into "THIS IS AN UNSANCTIONED USE OF MAGICAL ENERGY!" Cowled Wizards.
    Orthae cress d'Lolth, jaluk... Holy Lolth's web, how did you get an Amnian Magic License? Since the great war between Baldur's Gate and Amn in 2012 Amn have control of Beregost and Nashkel. I desire one for a certain assassin sorceress on the surface. 8D
    Hmm? Licenses are sold at the Town Hall building. I think the appointed Amnish governator is there also.

We should organise a resistance movement to free Beregost from the Amnian invader!
  • KushuKushu Member Posts: 70
    Flagging this for future finding.
    NWN 2 with all expansion packs is now available for $14.99 at GoG.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/neverwinter_nights_2_complete
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Here's a better offer:
    baaddare said:
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Cheaper, maybe, but GoG is DRM free.