Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
Neverwinter http://nw.perfectworld.com/ is a new FTP action MMORPG

Talking points:
Have you checked it out before now?
Have you signed up for beta?
What do you think?

Features:
Build Your Fantasy
Easy-to-grasp adventure creation tools empower players to add their own tales to the Forgotten Realms campaign setting. Bring compelling quests to life and build challenging levels! Share creations with the entire world in-game. Become a part of the existing Dungeons & Dragons universe... Then build a new one.

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Not checked it out too much - I've seen a few screenshots which were pretty meh.
    Haven't signed up for the beta, but I might do so long as it's free.
    I'm not sure this is gonna turn out a particularly good game, but I'm prepared to give it a go. D&D already has a pretty decent MMO in the form of DDO/
    Chaotic_Good
  • MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    edited January 2013
    Got tired of DDO. Never liked eberron enyhow. I might give it a go.
    Post edited by Michail on
  • H0RSEH0RSE Member Posts: 115
    This is one of my most anticipated games. I was a big player of City of Heroes and I played Champions Online as well. Hopefully Cryptic will do a good job with this game too.

This game is going to differ from DDO, a big part due to to this game supposedly being much more action oriented. It also has the Foundry, which enables players to create their own adventures that they and others can play through. This game will release as a free-to-play title.
  • Out2lunchOut2lunch Member Posts: 57
    From their FAQ -

Q: How much will Neverwinter cost? Will there be a subscription required?
    Neverwinter will be a free-to-play game. There will be no cost for the client, and no subscription fee will be required.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/about/faq

• Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    edited January 2013
    I have signed up for the beta.

I think there going to try to hit on the cosmetic cash shop like in Gw2, but with a wider range of toys like mounts. I loved Gw2, but have not played in months. The world and fighting style are awesome, but the physics suck. I am hoping this game will have great physics and little else. More or less a main city with ah and a very limited world outside of it, with development left up to players through the foundry.

My info is limited to what you guys see on the site and I have not gotten into beta.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I am somewhat interested in it, but the main thing that worries me is what will they make free and will they require payments for...

I just hope they won't limit character creation down with classes and/or races you need to pay for...
    Chaotic_Good
  • H0RSEH0RSE Member Posts: 115
    Things they will likely charge for are classes/sub-classes. The way classes work in the game (i think) is you pick a class, and then their are sub-classes to choose from for each. So say you pick fighter, you would have the option to choose say Guardian Fighter, Weapon Master, or Berserker (Guardian Fighter is the only real class I know of) by using this formula, they could gradually introduce new sub-classes, for a price. They could just as easily require money to unlock access to classes in general. Races are something else that could easily be charged for, like how Klingons need to be bought in STO.