Skip to content

Which one of these common hobbies/activities doesn't interest you?

2»

Comments

• H0RSEH0RSE Member Posts: 115
    edited January 2013
    TJ_Hooker said:

What does capitalism have to do with alone time? And when you think of blissful, natural environments, China is what springs to mind?

I think the point that was trying to be made, was that it is increasingly difficult to find a peace and quiet or a slowed pace lifestyle, in a system that is based around constant consumption, constantly removing natural environments for new infrastructure, and people constantly moving, working, and not taking enough time to 'smell the roses.'

This, in a sense, kinda explains the point trying to be made. - http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/bell.asp
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I really like all the others, but the movie must be really cool for me to sit there and watch it.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    H0RSE said:

TJ_Hooker said:

What does capitalism have to do with alone time? And when you think of blissful, natural environments, China is what springs to mind?

I think the point that was trying to be made, was that it is increasingly difficult to find a peace and quiet or a slowed pace lifestyle, in a system that is based around constant consumption, constantly removing natural environments for new infrastructure, and people constantly moving, working, and not taking enough time to 'smell the roses.'

This, in a sense, kinda explains the point trying to be made. - http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/bell.asp
    You explained it better than I could, @HORSE. Also, I don't doubt that China still has some beautiful natural environments left. You just gotta find 'em. My country, on the other hand, is full of buildings. It's actually one of the problems. It takes a lot of red tape to be able to build a new house, just because it's already so crowded. I was talking about the kind of China you see on those Chinese-style paintings and such. I got such a painting hanging in my room. I know they are 'romantized' versions, they're idealised, but still, a person can dream, right?
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    Oh, crap. Answered wrongly. I like all of those things to some extent. :)
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Not much of a sports person. I used to play basketball, but after my second season, I kinda grew out of it. And I'm not yet old enough to legally drink, so I haven't started or tried any drinking games...yet. XD I love reading, and I wish I had more time to do it. Going to concerts and movies is really fun too, but I never have the money to afford going. And my definition of a "party/social gathering" is me, my boyfriend, and our small group of friends hanging out at my house and playing board and video games. No flashing lights, no loud music... Just me and my buddies having a nice time. :)
  • lelag200lelag200 Member Posts: 125
    Well I really hate alcohol and I pity the people who drink it
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    I don't drink much, but a nice beer from time to time (or after a hard day of work) can be quite refreshing. Would rather be pitiful then instead of being the one who calls it that. ;) But binge-drinking is quite unneccessary indeed.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    That's true, China is rapidly becoming industrialized. My guess is it's not all that tranquil in those virtual slave pit factories where they build our nifty iPhones.
    TJ_Hookerbooinyoureyes
  • H0RSEH0RSE Member Posts: 115
    Lemernis said:

That's true, China is rapidly becoming industrialized. My guess is it's not all that tranquil in those virtual slave pit factories where they build our nifty iPhones.

Hey, at least they built nets to catch their employees...

http://news.cnet.com/2300-13579_3-10013733-14.html

TJ_Hooker
  • State_LemmingState_Lemming Member Posts: 375
    Huh, I usually think of myself as something of an introvert but I like all those things.

I guess I like parties but not ones that are overly large, I like to know a good chunk of the people at any given gathering.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    If I have to pick one it would be going to concerts. I do love music though.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Lemernis said:

I think some people are missing the point I was trying to make. But maybe I didn't express myself very well either. Let's just say that I'd like to live in a peaceful China/Eastern-inspired 'idealized' environment as can be seen on Eastern paintings and such. Maybe a quiet fishing village or something. In any case, far away from industrialized cities. :p
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Ah okay, got you there. Japan too perhaps. :)