Skip to content

Add sub-races

I would like the inclusion of sub-races, similar to that of Icewind Dale II, but instead of 3rd edition rules they would of course be in 2nd edition rules. What are your thoughts on this?
RAM021

Comments

• XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    i believe it was announced that sub races are coming to a store near you... at some point, as the devs are working and it is currently holiday season, so i wouldn't be on seeing anything until after the first of january....

unless if i totally missed something... lol
    RAM021
  • MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    I REALLY WANT SUB-RACES! since I shouted that I'll be quiet now.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    edited December 2012
    Ooh, if sub-races are possible then will we be able to have things like Sorcerer kits and more than 9 kits per class? Regardless, I like the idea provided they aren't OP and have new dialogue...
  • Slit518Slit518 Member Posts: 16
    Xavioria said:

i believe it was announced that sub races are coming to a store near you... at some point, as the devs are working and it is currently holiday season, so i wouldn't be on seeing anything until after the first of january....

unless if i totally missed something... lol

This makes me happy, as long as the "store" price isn't ridiculous.
  • JazaraJazara Member Posts: 11
    Yes! Drow and tieflings!!!
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I wouldn't mind Orog's for half-orcs.
    KouTheMadRAM021
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    Id like to see this to.
    If Tieflings and Aasimar get added in, I think I would just have a ball being retarded with the subraces
    RAM021
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    Yes please.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    edited January 2013
    Thinking about Sub-Races... Wouldn't the main character be by default a Tiefling or Aasimar? Or an equalient of those if not a human...
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    edited January 2013
    Kaltzor said:

Thinking about Sub-Races... Wouldn't the main character be by default a Tiefling or Aasimar? Or an equalient of those if not a human...

Yeah, I'm not sure either. I understood the main character was the son/daughter of Bhaal himself. Tieflings and Aasimar are descendents of a divine-touched population that breed and pass on their unique racial qualities to their offspring.

So those races aren't necessarily the immediate sons/daughters of a god. But the main character is.
    RAM021
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    I think it has been discussed before that Bhaal doesn't pass on DNA he just passed on his divine spark. I think the mother effects the dna / racial characteristics of CHARNAME.

That being said I don't know where Bhaal would have found an Tiefling or Aasimar in the Forgotten Realms to have sex with, though I suppose if Bhaal wanted to bad enough he'd have found one.
    RAM021
    If he did it with a CHINCHILLA, I'm sure you can suspend disbelief long enough to give the option of an Aasimar or Tiefling. And it's not like they're nonexistant, they're just rare! You meet Hear'Dalis, right?

*sigh* I already have the perfect portrait if I'm going to be Aasimar :) Would be great to be Aasimar and have Haer'Dalis in the same party in BG2..... Even if no particular dialogue is changed
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited January 2013
    moopy said:

I think it has been discussed before that Bhaal doesn't pass on DNA he just passed on his divine spark. I think the mother effects the dna / racial characteristics of CHARNAME.

That being said I don't know where Bhaal would have found an Tiefling or Aasimar in the Forgotten Realms to have sex with, though I suppose if Bhaal wanted to bad enough he'd have found one.

The planetouched races (aasimar, tiefling and genasi) are not rare in Forgotten at all. Permanent and temporary portals exist everywhere, usually in remote places, so contact with extraplanar creatures is not unheard of. Of course they're not so common as not to draw stares, mainly those that exhibit extreme physical characteristics of their race, such as an aasimar with golden eyes or an earth genasi with crystals in place of hair. Many people are quite superstitious about the planetouched as well. Normally the tieflings get the worst treatment possible due to that.
    RAM021