Skip to content

Final Battle Bug??

glakenglaken Member Posts: 8
Finished battle against big boss... as soon as he fell, it made a Final Save for me - all seems fine up till now.

Now, it just crashes to desktop. I am not allowed to get loot or leave and continue playing. I can reload the final save and after 2-3 seconds I go to main screen...

Is this a feature or bug? I don't remember it... I can't go explore the other areas, ect...

I have had no other issues with the game other than 1-2 crashes. IPAD2

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    The final save is to import your character into BG2. When you defeat the final boss, that is it - you need to do everything else first, I'm afraid. You can't loot the final boss, as he has no treasure on him anyway.

Load up a save game from before the fight, you can leave the final area and do any extra content you failed to from there.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited January 2013
    Seeing how often this question pops up, I wonder if the devs should maybe put a message in the game that states that the final save is purely there to allow you to export to BG2, not to continue playing. The current message already kinda mentions the exporting part, all that would be needed would be a line like:

"If you would like to continue playing with your current game, you must load a save prior to the final battle."
  • DarkbladeDarkblade Member Posts: 1
    Hi, A stupid question related to the final save - can I have multiple? As I never got to finish the game years ago and now I'm close to end and would like to continue with this character in BG2EE, but also to play few other characters after this...
  • xRoRxRoR Member Posts: 1
    But because of this bug, there no epic and cool ending, only bugs and crashes and no final movie. Crap.
  • D3V11_D3V11_ Member Posts: 69
    I'm not sure if its a good idea or not but what do people think of: after the final battle the game keeps going and you are able to explore and finish any unfinished quests? should we ask the developer teem to make it as such if it is possible?

I think its a good idea at the moment, don't really see anything game/story line braking with it like that.

(I mean this on all versions of BGEE, not sure if I should be putting this on a different part of the forum but I saw the question here so i decided to post my thoughts here)
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    I certainly don't think it's a problem, but I believe the answer would probably be "that would be changing the game which we can't do due to contract", but I'm all for it if it's possible.
  • D3V11_D3V11_ Member Posts: 69
    edited January 2013
    perhaps there will be a Override file we can use to do it, that i think would bypass the contract issue? i mean once and if the Override issue on the iPad is resolved, but perhaps for the PC version it would work?

just an idea...