Skip to content

[Bug] Shapeshifting may kill the character

JaceJace Member Posts: 193
edited November 2013 in Fixed
Game update 1.0.2012

Current Behavior:
If a character is badly wounded and shifts from a high Constitution form to a lower Constitution form (even if it's his natural form), he will instantly die, assuming that the HP lost from the difference in Constitution score was greater than the character's remaining HP. A character that dies this way also doesn't drop any equipment on the ground, though a Raise Dead spell will resurrect them with all their equipment intact anyway.

Expected Behavior:
Shapeshifting from a high to low Constitution form doesn't outright kill you, but leaves you with the same remaining HP as before.

On a side related note. The Flind form is still not proficient with its own halberd.

Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Registered.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    I thought i fixed the flind weapon, i'll check where it went amiss.

As for shapeshifting while being hurt - this is a totally acceptable feature to me.
    Shapeshifting to a stronger form will increase HP, so the reverse should also be true.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    But shouldn't the decrease in total HP be taken out of the damaged part first?
  • DarKelPDarKelP Member Posts: 183
    edited January 2013
    Jalily said:

But shouldn't the decrease in total HP be taken out of the damaged part first?

It is not a bug, because if the decrease in total HP is taken out of the damaged part first, then you can have free heal whenever you want by repeating Shapeshifting
  • JaceJace Member Posts: 193
    I understand that this was probably done to prevent the free healing exploit from continuous shifting, but the unfortunate side effect of this seems nonsensical to me. If it shouldn't leave you with the same remaining HP as before, it should simply leave you at 1 HP, instead of killing you.

Funny thing: I rested while Xan was still in ogre form and at exactly 1 HP. He awakened fully healed instead of dead. What a cheater!
  • psyactpsyact Member Posts: 81
    Yeah, seems like reducing the character to 1HP makes more sense from a RP aspect, since the shapeshifter wouldn't attempt to change form if they were aware it would kill them.

No idea how that gels with the rulebook though.