Skip to content

Belt of Antipode and regaining the Fire Resistance

OKAY so I think this belt is very useful, but wearing it all the time could possible get someone killed unless if they have some kind of natural fire resistance. I believe that Cavaliers get natural fire resistance (20 percent) but are there any other kits that gain it as well?

Also can anyone list items that give fire resistance? I know that there are protection spells, but I'm looking for something a bit more passive

Comments

• There's a ring that gives 40% fire resistance. Xan's Moonblade gives 50% fire resistance, but only he can use it. Icingdeath (one of Drizzt's scimitars) also gives 50% fire resistance. So a cavalier wearing the ring of fire protection and wielding Icingdeath could counteract the penalty (though I'm not entirely sure how the penalty would interact with resistance).
  • KorlamaqKorlamaq Member Posts: 216
    edited January 2013
    there is also a helmet that gives 20 on fire and some other resistances
    btw i'd rather have close to 100 fire resistance instead of no fire resistance and 100 frost :)
    there was more fire that frost dmg in my playthrough
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    besides winter and grey wolves this belt isn't good for much.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    deltago said:

besides winter and grey wolves this belt isn't good for much.

But it *is* great for winter wolf hunting, though I think you can only sell one pelt now

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Oxford_Guy You can sell as many as you want to the shopkeeper in Nashkel. He just won't carry the pelts on his person anymore. (This was previously causing a bug where he dropped the pelts he had bought once his inventory got full, allowing you to pick them up and sell them to him over and over.)
    Oxford_GuydeltagoRnRClown
  • RohndilRohndil Member Posts: 171
    I don't know if it has been fixed, but one or two patches ago the Cavalier fire resistance completely bypassed the Belt of Antipode penalty (meaning: 20 FR and 100 Cold Resistance, instead of - 80 FR and 100 CR).

Pretty useless, aside from Shandalar's Dungeon and the Trial of Ice in Durlag's Tower.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Jalily said:

@Oxford_Guy You can sell as many as you want to the shopkeeper in Nashkel. He just won't carry the pelts on his person anymore. (This was previously causing a bug where he dropped the pelts he had bought once his inventory got full, allowing you to pick them up and sell them to him over and over.)

Oh okay, great, thanks for clarifying!
  • sharpiejassharpiejas Member Posts: 35
    Would be great if the merchants actually gave you cash for this, it is only worth 1gp
    deltagoLaflamme
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Rohndil said:

Pretty useless, aside from Shandalar's Dungeon and the Trial of Ice in Durlag's Tower

Winter wolfs use cold damage, and they are present in lots of places. But yeah, it probably the least powerful resistance type