Skip to content

Can't Enter First Building Of The Game

...I can't believe I actually have to go through and register on this website and post this considering I've just paid £15 for this.

I have just started up the game, and I can't get into the very first Inn of the game. Is this some kind of a joke? I've checked everything on this website from people saying stuff about zooming out to pausing. No luck. Any suggestions, or have I just pissed £15 down the drain? Thanks.

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    What exacly is happening when you try to enter the building?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    And also, what are you doing to enter it?
  • MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    I am unsure if this is a bug report or a grief report (it's not in the bug section, perhaps you should move it).

If this is a bug report, what you are supposed to do is click on the door to open it, and then, when the pointer changes when hovering over the door, click to enter. I also take it you are trying to enter the inn, not the Candlekeep library (that door is locked and you can't pick it). If you have done the above and it doesn't work, you have fallen prey to a bug that first appeared in November and then disappeared. Make sure you have updated your game, and try starting a game with a premade character (sometimes the bug went away, just like that).
  • TibsterTibster Member Posts: 15
    he probably read that he had to click the door to open, before entering..... so its all good now hehe
  • jimmylittle007jimmylittle007 Member Posts: 1
    Having the same problem, door will click open and close but can't get in
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited June 2014

Having the same problem, door will click open and close but can't get in

@jimmylittle007, these are old school games from a time when people were actually supposed to read the manual. BG:EE in particular has two manuals. You can find them in the Manuals subfolder of the main game folder. In your case look at page 54 of Sword Coast Survival Guide and see if this helps you.