Skip to content

Quiver +1 arrows bug

nptitimnptitim Member Posts: 111
I apologize if this has been posted before but their is a bug with the Quiver +1 arrows which you get in the black pits (you can buy it)

It should provide unlimited +1 arrows. When equipped the damage just says 1d6 without the +1 factored in, so I believe it is acting like an unlimited quiver of regular arrows. When I actually equip magical +1 arrows the damage reads at 1d6+1.

Comments

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I believe the magical arrows should only get the + to hit bonus not damage. I don't know why the "regular" arrows +1 show +1 to damage (as far as I know they shouldn't).
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Wilbur said:

I believe the magical arrows should only get the + to hit bonus not damage. I don't know why the "regular" arrows +1 show +1 to damage (as far as I know they shouldn't).

In BG1, arrows got the damage bonus from magical enhancement. It was only in BG2 that they got nerfed to only get the to hit bonus. BG:EE went with the BG1 version. So yeah this is probably a bug.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited January 2013
    The quiver +1 arrows are bg2 items. They didn't exist in bg1 and only exist in BP.
    Despite all this, i think they are 'fixed' in the next patch.
    It seems we reverted some bg2 changes that were done for balancing reasons.

But this should already be in the live version.
    TJ_Hooker said:

Wilbur said:

In BG1, arrows got the damage bonus from magical enhancement. It was only in BG2 that they got nerfed to only get the to hit bonus. BG:EE went with the BG1 version. So yeah this is probably a bug.
    Okay, I didn't know this.
    It is acting like +1 arrow with bot hdamage and thac0 bonus.
    edited January 2013
    @Avenger_teambg

Hypothetical question: If the arrow damage bonus is used in BG2:EE too how will ammunition of weapon that fire unlimited arrows/bolrs like Short Bow of Gesen work? Gesen's arrows are treated as +4 as per what it can hit, but would there be +4 dam bonus for arrows too?
    @Wilbur either they add up, or bigger wins, i don't know (though someone told me already).
    edited January 2013

@Wilbur either they add up, or bigger wins, i don't know (though someone told me already).

It makes a huge difference whether Gesen's arrows get an additional +4 dam or not.

Post edited by Wilbur on
    @Wilbur it didn't change since ToB.

@Wilbur it didn't change since ToB.

Do you mean that arrows already got a dam bonus in Tob? I have no recollection of how it is in ToB.
    No, i meant the handling of pluses didn't change. +1 arrows + gesen didn't change
    quiver of plenty is now the same as +1 arrows in ToB/BGEE.