Skip to content

Can't update to latest patch

I'm on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. When clicking on BGEE Launcher the window opens and the clock makes like half a swing then everything freezes. I can't move the window around or close it, but task manager does not show it as not responding. I updated fine on my laptop which is also Windows 7 64 bit. Any ideas?
Alderic

Comments

• CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    A few options:

1) Try the beamdog launcher/downloader, available on beamdog.com
    2) Check out the downloader known issues thread - there are a number of suggestions there
    3) Copy the entire game directory from your laptop, and run baldur.exe.
  • AldericAlderic Member Posts: 37
    Hi, @OnceWasPerfect

I had the same problem when the previous patch came out. Several other people too, there was a tread:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/203103/#Comment_203103

Interestingly the issue was resolved in a week or so after the patch came out without further game updates. I was then able to update and play trough the launcher as usual. I don't know how they did it, but I hope they fix this again, as the launcher freeze reappeared for me when I tried to update the game to the new patch...

Anyways, just wanted to post this and tell you you can still play the game by running the Baldur.exe file in the game folder (if you haven't tried that already).
  • OnceWasPerfectOnceWasPerfect Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the link. I ended up fixing it by uninstalling and reinstalling. It is a bit annoying but at least it is fixed for me.