Skip to content

BG EE white screen with old ATi Radeon HD 5470 drivers then not launching with new drivers

ColioEagleOneColioEagleOne Member Posts: 3
edited January 2013 in Windows PC (Archive)
Hi guys,

apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere as I have tried looking at various threads and updating as suggested but to no avail :( here's my issue:

I purchased BG EE via Steam onto my Acer Aspire laptop with the following specs:

Windows 7 64b edition
Intel i5 processor 2.26GHz
ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5470
4GB Memory

The game successfully launched but after launching the tutorial the characters were visible but everything else was a whitescreen (i see this has been an issue for many) - i then updated my graphics card drivers but after doing this the game will not launch at all - citing a crash and giving me a dmp crash file.

What (if anything) can i do - i'm desperate to play this game but am getting more and more frustrated!

Thanks guys
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Send the dmp file to beamdmp@gmail.com or upload it somewhere if it's too big. This will help the programmers track down the issue.

If you haven't already, try right-clicking baldur.exe, choose Properties -> Compatibility, and check "Disable desktop composition."
    Cerevant
  • ColioEagleOneColioEagleOne Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the help - sadly it doesn't seem to want to work at all :( i've rolled back my graphics card drivers to the previous version and the game launches - but i just get that crazy white screen - grrrrrr! All i want to do is play this game - guess i'll be waiting for the patch ay!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Jalily
    Actually, at this point if you send it to dpennyway@beamdog.com it's more likely that I'll see it. (The beamdmp address was a temporary solution; I have a more permanent one in place now.)
    Jalily
  • ColioEagleOneColioEagleOne Member Posts: 3
    @Aosaw

I've sent on the related dmp file to the new email address - thank you for the info :D
  • dreamydreamy Member Posts: 2
    I have the same white screen issue (Radeon 5470M as well) - is there a solution?
  • dreamydreamy Member Posts: 2
    Ok, the solution was to force update video drivers... damn Sony, why can't they make it easier?!
  • AsinibojncAsinibojnc Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I have the exactly same problem as described above. Visible characters and menus, but the rest is just white.... I already tried to modify the .ini file, tried to run the game with settings changed in the baldurs.exe/combatibility menu...and so...the only thing I have not tried is forced update of drivers.
    Any suggestions how should I go on? Thanx for any response...
  • 23dutch45man23dutch45man Member Posts: 11
    You need to change some setttings. the intel i5 processor has a graphics processor unit (GPU) which will handles the graphics when it's installed, this should be changed to your graphics card. After you have done this, you should no longer a have white screen when it starts. It worked at least on my computer.