Skip to content

Demon Knight (Top Floor)

moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
edited January 2013 in Not An Issue
If you kill the Demon Knight on the top floor with Ike, he doesn't give any xp.

I would swear that you use to get 15k xp for killing him at the top. Sorry if this isn't a bug and I'm remembering wrong.
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Killing him there was an exploit anyway. It was never meant to be done.
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    @Tresset

If that was true the he wouldn't drop the helm of opposite alignment. Why give him a different loot table if you didn't mean for him to be killed as an easter egg for people to get?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    moopy said:

@Tresset

If that was true the he wouldn't drop the helm of opposite alignment. Why give him a different loot table if you didn't mean for him to be killed as an easter egg for people to get?

Umm, you kind of answered your own question. It's an easter egg.

Also, if you consider killing him on the top floor an intended option, i.e. not an exploit, wouldn't a much bigger bug be the fact that he shows still shows up in the bottom level, with no mention of his recent demise?
    @TJ_Hooker

I'm not saying it is intended to happen, but that doesn't make it an exploit. You don't cheat or exploit a pathing system, etc.. You lower his saves and paralyze him.

It isn't intended that you kill Elminster or Shandlar(he gates off like the Demon Knight does), but they still have xp. When I wrote this I was pretty sure he gave xp, but I could have remembered wrong and intend to check it out in vanilla.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    moopy said:

@TJ_Hooker

I'm not saying it is intended to happen, but that doesn't make it an exploit. You don't cheat or exploit a pathing system, etc.. You lower his saves and paralyze him.

It isn't intended that you kill Elminster or Shandlar(he gates off like the Demon Knight does), but they still have xp. When I wrote this I was pretty sure he gave xp, but I could have remembered wrong and intend to check it out in vanilla.

Ok, yeah, exploit wasn't the right word. Also, I was going to say that the fact that you get to kill him again later and still get XP then makes up for it, but I think you can do the same with Elminster and still get XP every time. Hmm... you may have a point.
    @TJ_Hooker

Though, the point might be that Elminster should be unkillable or at least reward no xp since he doesn't DIE die.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    moopy said:

Sorry if this isn't a bug and I'm remembering wrong.

No xp for an unfixed exploit.
    @Avenger_teambg

Oops, sorry for the thread then. Thanks for letting me know.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    moopy said:

@Avenger_teambg

Oops, sorry for the thread then. Thanks for letting me know.

I don't intend to fix this and make it a cutscene or make the guy invulnerable for that short scene, but it was really just for the show, not a real encounter.