Skip to content

Tutorial for new players

JariahxSynnJariahxSynn Member Posts: 67
I'm new to the BG franchise and from watching LP's on Youtube I've noticed the unforgiving difficulty level. Will there be some kind of tutorial or learn as you play mechanic?

Comments

• DelvonDelvon Member Posts: 77
    Candlekeep by itself is a huge Tutorial, showing the ropes to how the game works. There's also a room which functions as a combat tutorial. If I remember correctly, the head guard for the keep comes and asks you to go in. He's annoying as hell to deal with. He's in the South/South-East part of the keep. Just remember to read all the dialogue in the keep to get some good tips!
    JariahxSynnValexio
  • JariahxSynnJariahxSynn Member Posts: 67
    Delvon said:

Candlekeep by itself is a huge Tutorial, showing the ropes to how the game works. There's also a room which functions as a combat tutorial. If I remember correctly, the head guard for the keep comes and asks you to go in. He's annoying as hell to deal with. He's in the South/South-East part of the keep. Just remember to read all the dialogue in the keep to get some good tips!

Thanks for the info :)
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    @JariahxSynn

First of all WELCOME to the one of the best rpgs ever created!! if it keeps us busy for 14 years, it cant be wrong :)

second I recommend you to read the excellent @Winthal thread:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/1992/basic-game-tips-for-new-players#latest

last advice, be cautious reading this forum - Its a Mega-Heaven for spoilers!
    JariahxSynnWinthalAnton
  • JariahxSynnJariahxSynn Member Posts: 67
    mch202 said:

@JariahxSynn

First of all WELCOME to the one of the best rpgs ever created!! if it keeps us busy for 14 years, it cant be wrong :)

second I recommend you to read the excellent @Winthal thread:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/1992/basic-game-tips-for-new-players#latest

last advice, be cautious reading this forum - Its a Mega-Heaven for spoilers!

Will do thank you :)
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    According to Oster, the Enhanced Edition will have an improved tutorial over the normal version. But if else fails, talk to the green robed guys. It takes some time to get the hang of it, but once you have it under control, it's feels so rewarding. Good luck! :)
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    One thing that could do with a voice over IS the tutorial... and it should outright say "Hey, you're gonna need to read the text boxes, or you're not gonna get a full experience!"
  • LRECLREC Member Posts: 68
    Hopefully the improved tutorial is optional, like the BG2 tutorial.