Skip to content

Impossible to save.

Hi, i just bought the game on steam and each time i try to save my game the "succesful save" line appear in the dialog box but when i want to load it it does not appear in the save file list. Is anyone has the same problem ? How can it be fix ?

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited January 2013
    Do you know where your saved games are supposed to appear?
    For me (on WinXP) it is like this: C:\Documents and Settings\"my username"\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save\

Try to find this place and check if the folder exists and writable.
    It would also be good to know, if you never made a successful save, or it just went wrong at one point.
    Do you have some special characters (non-english) on the save path, or in a saved game name?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Shouldn't the game create a new folder for saves at the default path if one doesn't exist?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Tresset said:

Shouldn't the game create a new folder for saves at the default path if one doesn't exist?

If the OS allows it, then yeah. I want to find out (remotely) what is the cause of his problem.
    Right now 2 things came to my mind:
    1. no write access for the save game dir
    2. some special character messes the save path/saved game list up
  • HeruringaHeruringa Member Posts: 2
    No didn't use special caracters.
    I'm on windows 7, i don't have acces to Documents and Settings. And a search did not find any Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save\ folder...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited January 2013
    It should be located in your My Documents folder.

From any windows explorer window, there should be an item in the list on the left side called "Documents"; when you open that, there should be a folder called "Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition".

If there's no "save" folder in there, create one and try to save your game again. Shoot me an email at support@beamdog.com if that doesn't work and I'll take a closer look.

EDIT: For Steam, it might be within another folder, "my games\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition" inside of your Documents folder.
  • tommytommy Member Posts: 401
    edited January 2013
    there are ways to check if in a folder is write access or not. It would be great if the developers can show a message on startup if there is no access.