Skip to content

Do not change BG2 intro movie

AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
It is perfect as it is. I think that there is no reason to create another one, especially after seeing BGEE intro movie, which is...
Runs away and throws up.

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Due to it's style, BG2:EE's intro could be remastered way better than BG:EE's. Fist Baldur's Gate game had a 3d-rendered one, which was "remastered" into 2d animation, results in rather negative effect. On the other hand, majority of Baldur's Gate II introduciton are consited of 2d-animations, so overall result could be better. One does never know.

Other thing is, that BG2's intro is 640x480. It wouldn't look any good on HD resolutions. Therefore, I get an impression that this request is going to be utterly ignored.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I too think they screwed up the new intro movie, but from what I can remember of BG2 it was mostly still pictures anyway, at least for the good part, with some really, really shitty rendering of Irenicus' dungeon at the end, where another still of Mr I jumped back and forth for no apparent reason. I suppose it was supposed to look scary or imposing or whatever, but it's just really narmy. Even as a kid playing BG2 for the first time I thought it looked ridiculous.

So yeah, unlike what they did to BG's intro movie, changing that part of the BG2 intro wouldn't bug me in the slightest. It can only become better.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    scriver said:

I too think they screwed up the new intro movie, but from what I can remember of BG2 it was mostly still pictures anyway, at least for the good part, with some really, really shitty rendering of Irenicus' dungeon at the end

Indeed, but I do think that the movie we are talking about is good as it is. I would not change anything. The atmosphere and the captivation are brilliant. In the BGEE intro movie, there is no pathos. We can agree that it has been done with saving money - and the result is terribly disappointing.

• KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Well, the original BG1 cutscenes haven't exactly aged well so changing them was somewhat understandable, but the BG2 ones still look good.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Kaltzor,
    Still, many people would like to have them included in the enhanced edition.
    I understand that they need to redone the movies, but the result is awful.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    I may be the only one who feels this way...I do love the new movies. Some say they don't mix well with BG, but personally I thought the drawn graphics suit perfectly with the IE engine. Although if they are going to enhance movies, they should lengthen them not cut some parts...much like what they did with Gorion vs Sarevok; the battle was epic.
  • AndrewRogueAndrewRogue Member Posts: 72
    @Fredamora

Nah, you aren't the only one. While the intro movie could still use a little refinement, I think it was the correct direction to go.
  • Darthvegeta800Darthvegeta800 Member Posts: 5
    I too like the new ones.