Skip to content

Dorn Il-Khan "No valid replies or links" bug

YurellYurell Member Posts: 2
edited January 2013 in Fixed
Hi, I've encountered a bug with one of Dorn Il-Khan's conversations (so naturally spoiler warnings).

He begins his "Do you worry it's a mistake to bring others ..." speech, and when he says "You can never trust the mad" there appears red text saying "No valid replies or links", and the 'Continue' button instead says 'YOU CAN NEVER TRUST THE MAD' (in all-caps).

This occurred right after resting outside BG to see if that would make Simmeon spawn (I've not been able to find him, but I'm presuming that's because I'm looking in the wrong place (the bridge area outside BG) and not because of a bug).
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• AngevonAngevon Member Posts: 2
    Some more details from similar experience:

In the same conversation as above, if you reply "Is there someone you suspect?" and also have Jaheira in the party, he notices Jaheira, accuses her of being a Harper, and when presumably you are supposed to respond, the only option is NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS which ends the conversation.

I reloaded, kicked Jaheira out of the party before the conversation triggered, and this time, when I selected the same option, he singled-out Kivan, and again, NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS.

I suspect the same will happen no matter who is in the party when you choose this option ("You can never trust the mad" is presumably for Xzar?). In fact, I kicked everyone out except Dorn and choosing that reply still gave NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS.

Expected Behavior:
    Obviously a dialogue script is not formatted properly or not pointing to the right place.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2012
    Current behavior: When Dorn is discussing with you who in the party you should not trust, at the end of the discussion you are greeted with "No valid replies or links". This was the case when I was playing and he pointed to Xzar anyways.

Expected behavior: Get rid of/ Hide this immersion breaking text, and end instead just end the discussion once the last person has spoken.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Yea sorry this is my bad :( Should have seen it.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited November 2012
    Merged the bugreports.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    edited December 2012
    Observed behaviour: There's a conversation where Dorn asks the PC about trust and the PC can respond by questioning Dorn if he has any issues with anyone in our party. Xzar steps in, they back and forth but the conversation ends in NO VALID LINKS OR REPLIES ... I think that's what it said anyway.

Expected behaviour: I guess the conversation is supposed to end a bit more cohesive, currently Xzar only had one dialogue, so I don't know if the conversation was supposed to develop more.

Might be worth mentioning that this happened when our party had killed Dorn's Necromancer friend just East of the Nashkel Mines.

Edit: didn't realise there was a separate forum for BG:EE specific bugs, if a moderator could move this that would be ace.
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • mirkmirk Member Posts: 15
    I have Dorn and Viconia in my party. Dorn starts a conversation about trusting my party members. And after he says "The drow only serves her dark goddess", The only response option I can choose is "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS".
    Clearly something is is missing, as I should be allowed to choose from some valid responses.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Could you please tell us the rest of your party?
    Maybe an attached saved game would be even better.
    This dialog appears quite fragile, and totally depends on who is in your party at the time.
  • mirkmirk Member Posts: 15
    Sorry, don't have the save file anymore. Rest of the party: Kagain, Imoen, Edvin
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    edited December 2012
    The same just happened to me.
    Dorn doesn't trust Shar-Teel, in this case, which even throws in a line of her own (the rest of the team is: Edwin, Kagain and Branwen).
    There's "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS" written in caps, and the button I have to close the conversation is the same sentence Dorn last used.

PS: I'm in the same situation of the OT, looking for / waiting for a NPC to appear, so I can fight him. Does this bug prevent that from happening?
  • whitewhite Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2012
    With Dorn and Viconia in the party. When he says:
    Do you worry it is a mistake to bring others on your mission? Someone could betray you.
    PC: Is there someone you suspect?
    Dorn: Since you ask ...
    Viconia: You surface dweller never trust my people.
    Dorn: The drow serves only her dark goddess.
    And after that pops the red sign: NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS - some links in the tlk file are broken probably.
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
    Okie, fixing.
  • KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
    Should be fixed in the next patch.