Skip to content

Can't target

pokerwolfpokerwolf Posts: 1
edited November 2013 in Fixed
I click on characters weapon select an enemy and two seconds later the character will attack once then deselect the target and not attack. Sorry wasn't patched. Redownloaded it thought I would have patch in the new install.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• ThordThord Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    Sounds familiar to me. It tends to be that when I create a new Character in MP or invite an NPC to join my Character in SP.

The new team member either does nothing unless I give it the attack command, stop attacking after one roll or when its target dies it stops attacking.

I especially notice target switching when I select the whole group and tell them to all attack one target. If I later select a Mage or something to cast a Spell I see it is not attacking my target.

As far as stopping attacking if I select the Character, click on the ground to make it move then tell it to attack a moment later it does fine and joins the battle.

I think the answer is to go to the character screen and customise it to use one of the scripts rather than just leaving it at whatever the script was when the Character was created (MP) or joined the Party (SP). After that I can go back to the default script or any other but only after changing it once then clicking on "Done" then "Customise" again.

Everything works perfectly with the AI turned off.

EDIT: Just checked and I noticed that on Character Creation it says "Script: None" in the Character Panel.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    pokerwolf said:

I click on characters weapon select an enemy and two seconds later the character will attack once then deselect the target and not attack. Sorry wasn't patched. Redownloaded it thought I would have patch in the new install.

Are you fighting the Obe's illusions? I remember reading that there was a bug something like what you describe when fighting them. Not sure if it was supposedly patched or not.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    That fighting tutorial with Obe's Illusions should be fixed if you are patched to 2012.