Skip to content

I cannot use the save game or character editor so I have a request.

I cannot use Shadowkeeper or Gatekeeper because I have BG:EE and I bought it off of steam. I can't use Shadowkeeper because I do not own BG2. However that aside I would greatly appreciate it if someone could make a character for me, with all 18 stats, and multiclassing as a Kensai/Sorcerer. The same thing for an Archer/Sorcerer would be wonderful

Comments

• moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    edited January 2013
    I'm pretty sure you should still be able to use Shadowkeeper. You just have to move a few folders around.
    There is a description on how to do it on this forum.

Edit:

Here it is
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7205/getting-shadowkeeper-to-work-with-bgee/p1

You don't need to own BG2. Just copy a folder or two around that will also be present in the Steam version.
    TJ_HookeratcDave
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Yeah, the guide to setting up Shadowkeeper says you need a BG2 install, but I'm pretty sure it's not necessary.
    atcDavemoopy
  • baaddarebaaddare Member Posts: 145
    you could just enable the CULAConsole commands and make them that way
    TJ_Hooker
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    TJ_Hooker said:

Yeah, the guide to setting up Shadowkeeper says you need a BG2 install, but I'm pretty sure it's not necessary.

I didn't realize the guide said that. I never read the whole thing just what folders to copy from the My Documents BGEE area to the Program Files BGEE area. I then copy the saved game from the My Documents/Whatever/BGEE to Program Files/Whatever/BGEE, edit it, then copy it back.

But yes, you definitely do not need BG2 installed to make it work.

• Reign7Reign7 Member Posts: 2
    Welp. That batch file works miracles. I didn't have the folder mentioned and I didn't have BG2 so I didn't investigate all that much. Thanks anyway guys! :D
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    I think we're all missing the point here.

What OP wants is impossible because you cannot multi/dual Sorcerors with anything.

That said, if you want a character with all 18 stats all you need to do is enable cheats and press SHIFT+8 when you're rolling their stats.
    TJ_Hooker
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416

I think we're all missing the point here.

What OP wants is impossible because you cannot multi/dual Sorcerors with anything.

That said, if you want a character with all 18 stats all you need to do is enable cheats and press SHIFT+8 when you're rolling their stats.

You can with Shadowkeeper, which is the point of the thread. The OP didn't know how to use it.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Really?

How do you do it?
    TJ_Hooker
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    ... Huh. Now I'm thinking I must have been mistaken, though I could have sworn I had done it before. I can't seem to find the option.

Perhaps I got confused with adding kits to multiclasses. My mistake.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited January 2013
    Just don't do what I did and spend 15 hours "looking at BG:EE data" to later find out you have it set to Shadows of Amn.

And BTW, BG:EE is BG2 (ToB) code wise.
    Lemernis
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited January 2013
    @Reign7 You can in fact use Shadowkeeper for BG:EE, although see the link below for instructions how. BG:EE uses the ToB engine.

Here are the resources you seek:

Getting Shadowkeeper to Work With BG:EE

Shadowkeeper

How to Manually Customize Your Game (i.e., Enable and Use the CLUA Console in BG:EE)

With the CLUA Console enabled Ctrl + 8 during character creation produces 18s for all abilities. You can modify those 18s as you like in SK when you're in there changing the classes/kits.
    Fighting_Ferret