Skip to content

Trackpad

KenyonKenyon Member Posts: 142
edited July 2012 in Mac OS X (Archive)
Does Baldur's Gate: EE support the pinch features on newer Mac trackpads to emulate the iPad feature of zooming?
Space_hamsterDrakon

Comments

• VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    +1
  • RisingsunRisingsun Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2012
    Even if it doesn't you could just as easily use the default scrolling gesture of moving two fingers up and down on the trackpad to mimic the scroll wheel zoom, just like it's currently handled for most applications.

I hope they give us some options cause I'd rather use pinching gestures to draw boxes around people and groups I want to select. Lots of options would be best to fit each of our own particular play styles.
    Post edited by Risingsun on
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    This is a good suggestion - we'll look into it. Currently you can expect typical mouse functionality out of using the game with a trackpad (read: two finger scrolling up/down for zooming in and out) but I'll make sure that we look into some options for multi-touch gestures implemented on the Mac version (as we already will be for iOS/android, so...).

I can tell you I'm typing this right now from a Macbook Pro, and we have a nice iMac with standalone trackpad in the office as well...!
    RisingsunKenyonethoden
  • RisingsunRisingsun Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2012
    @Nathan
    Very cool.
    Quick question.
    I use tap to click on my trackpad, and two finger tap for right click, rather than clicking in the left and right corners. Does the game handle this set up well? For example, how would I draw boxes and select groups?
    The game would currently handle it as well as a regular mouse would be interpreted. If you use tap to click on your trackpad, how do you draw a selection box around folders? BG:EE should handle it the exact same way as the Mac OSX does at the moment. Likewise for the two finger tap for right click, same deal - a right click will simply be a right click.

As I said, specific pinch/zoom/multiple finger swipes(2+)/etc. are things I'll make sure get brought up over the course of Mac testing - I can't promise anything but as I said, since work will already be done to that effect on the tablets I can't foresee huge difficulties bringing that support over to the OSX build.
    RisingsunScooterKenyon
  • oldsch00loldsch00l Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 192
    Nathan said:

If you use tap to click on your trackpad, how do you draw a selection box around folders?

First finger on the trackpad triggers a click but you do it somewhere where it doesn't matter. Then second finger to draw the box. Correct Risingsun ?
    Actually just holding the finger on the trackpad doesn't trigger a click. It's when you tap it (quickly). When making a selection box I use my thumb to click down on the trackpad, using it as a physical button, and then move my index(?) finger, using it "as a mouse". Moving the cursor.
    Same thing when selecting text, for example in this forum.
    Yep, and that's how it should work for drawing boxes and selecting groups. :D
  • KenyonKenyon Member Posts: 142
    edited August 2012
    @Nathan Any updates on this? Very excited for the release!
  • KenyonKenyon Member Posts: 142
    @Nathan Any update regarding trackpad features? I zoom on pictures and info in my browser by pinching, it'd be fantastic if this would also work in BG:EE.
    Oxford_Guy
    @Kenyon No updates just yet, but we'll keep people posted when we have something to show off. =)
    KenyonRerelOxford_Guy