Skip to content

Consolidated BG:EE including both 1 & 2 parts

AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
It would be great to have (in future) consolidated BG:EE including both 1 & 2 parts.
I mean it is quite logical since they both share a lot of resources with same engine.
Perhaps those who purchase BG1:EE can have an option to upgrade to "Ultimate" version.
This is especially vital on tablets where every megabytes counts.
It would be even better to have some new seamless transition between BG1 and BG2..
[Deleted User]sivistojko

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NordomNordom Member Posts: 22
    edited January 2013
    Anton I think @TrentOster would not agree with you from marketing&sales point of view ;)
    [Deleted User]
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    They'll probably do a gold edition eventually that includes both, but not till BG2 EE has been out for awhile, probably for a slight discount vs buying both separately for new players.

I remember when TotSC and ToB cost almost as much as the original full games did. Just 10 bucks less each. Can you imagine paying 40 for BG1, then 30 for only the stuff TotSC added?. Same with BG2 and ToB.
    TJ_Hooker[Deleted User]
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    I do like this idea.

I once posted something similar where you could have 1 engine, with 2 sets of assets to load (bg and bg2).

While I'm not a programmer, I would think this would be easier than managing 2 sets of code.
    [Deleted User]
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    It all comes down to the terms of the business deal. We are on the hook for two products, BG:EE and BG2:EE. So for now, we make two products. Down the road we'll likely try to convince everyone to do a all in one version. Can't see this happening for a while though. With Atari's bankruptcy, all new ideas are on hold until it shakes out.

-Trent
    Anton