Skip to content

Item stuck in Inventory

I've used the console to create an Ankheg Plate Mail, but I accidently used PLAT07 instead of PLAT06.

Now I have what looks like a standard plate armour but I cannot remove it from my inventory.

Any Idea on how I do it?

BTW, I'm using the Steam version and I don't have a save game to fall back on.

Comments

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    If you're on Vista or 7, you could right click the save game folder and "restore previous versions". The problem is that snapshot is only taken weekly. Make sure the data you restore to is not to far back or else you will lose a lot of progress.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    You should be able to get rid of it via Shadowkeeper.
  • GhostyjackGhostyjack Member Posts: 5
    Just looked to see if there are any previous versions, but there are none listed.

If you're on Vista or 7, you could right click the save game folder and "restore previous versions". The problem is that snapshot is only taken weekly. Make sure the data you restore to is not to far back or else you will lose a lot of progress.

I wasn't aware ShadowKeeper worked with the Steam Version? Are you sure this will work?
    TJ_Hooker said:

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

I wasn't aware ShadowKeeper worked with the Steam Version? Are you sure this will work?

TJ_Hooker said:

Oh, sorry, didn't notice you were using the Steam version. I really don't know if Shadowkeeper will work with it. I think the Steam installation is pretty much identical to the Beamdog installation, so I don't know why it wouldn't work, but I guess it's one of those "at your own risk" things.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited January 2013
    You can also use NearInfinity:

1) select "PLAT07"
    2) check the "Droppable" flag
    3) export in Override
    4) load your save
    5) drop the armour
    6) save
    7) if you want, now you can safely delete PLAT07.ITM from the Override folder
    I've manage to locate the key file (which I assume is the one NearInfinity wants) in the steamapps folder and found PLAT07.ITM, but when I click on the Edit tab I get the error "Error reading dialog.tlk". This error keeps on comming up and stopping me from being able to do anything with it. Also the Voiw page is read-only, it that correct?
    Erg said:

You can also use NearInfinity:

1) select "PLAT07"
    2) check the "Droppable" flag
    3) export in Override
    4) load your save
    5) drop the armour
    6) save
    7) if you want, now you can safely delete PLAT07.ITM from the Override folder

Never mind, it looks like I grabbed an old version. Got a copy of v1.33 beta 20 and the error had gone away.

Now to see if I can do this.
    edited January 2013
    It may be because you are using an old version of NI, not compatible with BGEE. Try downloading NI from the following post:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/245435/#Comment_245435

Edit: AFAIK this is the most up to date version.
    Yep, it most definately was an old version, v1.32 I beleive.

Well I followed you instructions above and this worked. I've have manage to get rid of the armour - even managed to sell it.

So NearInfinity does work with the Steam version. Makes me very happy.
    Not sure NI is safe yet to edit savegames in BGEE (for this may be more reliable Shadowkeeper at the moment), but can definitely be used to edit items, dialogs, scripts, etc.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Files didn't change significantly, except tileset/sound. And the location of the tlk.
    So most stuff work even with outdated editors.