Skip to content

Manually downloadable updates?

I purchased BG:EE through steam not realising it would be several versions behind - from what i've read there is no way to get my Steam version up to date other than wait and hope Atari find time to upload each update.

Is there anywhere on the site where I can enter my Steam Key and get access to the updates to apply manually? If not is there a reason for this? A quick google for the latest version fired up a bunch of sites hosting pirated versions of the patch so it appears to be possible from a technical perspective - i'd just rather not support/encourage piracy of the game.

Comments

• GaNoNGaNoN Member Posts: 151
    Decadoice said:

I purchased BG:EE through steam not realising it would be several versions behind - from what i've read there is no way to get my Steam version up to date other than wait and hope Atari find time to upload each update.

Is there anywhere on the site where I can enter my Steam Key and get access to the updates to apply manually? If not is there a reason for this? A quick google for the latest version fired up a bunch of sites hosting pirated versions of the patch so it appears to be possible from a technical perspective - i'd just rather not support/encourage piracy of the game.

Im also interested in this. i dont want to play an old BG:EE version full of bugs >_<

• OnonymOnonym Member Posts: 8
    Dito here, Beamdog does not support friendly European payment methods, and I am not going to give fraudulent Paypal any business.

In the meantime this is preventing me from purchasing the game on Beamdog, as I have no credit card, and refuse to use Paypal.

So I was quite happy to find out Steam had it also, but not so happy to find out it's apparently outdated and buggy...
  • Daley964Daley964 Member Posts: 1
    I would definitely like this myself. Steam has been able to provide zippo updates.
  • Darth_SHAKERDarth_SHAKER Member Posts: 8
    There is one way to update your Steam version. But it requires you to have acces to Beamdog version or to have a friend with access to it. (OR may be you can acquire it with questionable methods, since you bought the game that may be ok)

The way is to copy all files in C/program files/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/data/*number*
    to C/program files/steam/seamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

and rename "baldur.exe" to "BGEE.exe" (you need to delete the original BGEE.exe first)

It's not a big deal, but it works fine for me at the moment.
  • DecadoiceDecadoice Member Posts: 4

There is one way to update your Steam version. But it requires you to have acces to Beamdog version or to have a friend with access to it. (OR may be you can acquire it with questionable methods, since you bought the game that may be ok)

The way is to copy all files in C/program files/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/data/*number*
    to C/program files/steam/seamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

and rename "baldur.exe" to "BGEE.exe" (you need to delete the original BGEE.exe first)

It's not a big deal, but it works fine for me at the moment.

Would be nice if Overhaul would be that friend!
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Steam is now at the same version as the BeamDog version. For some time at least.