Skip to content

Kivan and the Bandits

i was wondering. if i take kivan with me when killing the bandits will it trigger something? like a special chat or make him stay or what happens?

Comments

• MalachyMalachy Member Posts: 13
    Any time i've taken Kivan with me, i've never encountered any special talks. He doesn't mention anything when your face to face with Tazok either.

I assume it was just one of the several things that got cut out/forgotten.
  • GaNoNGaNoN Member Posts: 151
    Malachy said:

Any time i've taken Kivan with me, i've never encountered any special talks. He doesn't mention anything when your face to face with Tazok either.

I assume it was just one of the several things that got cut out/forgotten.

A pitty to hear that, he should be rly mad in that conversation :(
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Unfortunately none of the BG1 NPCs have much to say. You also find out during the game that Branwen was petrified by Tranzig, the evil wizard you must interrogate after the Nashkel mines and meeting him with her in your group also doesn't trigger anything.

You might wanna keep an eye to a BG:EE release of the BG1 NPC project. They make a lot of effort in making the game more in line with BG2 in terms of how much the other characters interact with the story (as well as between them).
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I think the BG1 NPC project adds something in but I couldn't swear to it. It's not EE compatible yet though.
  • pcmodempcmodem Member Posts: 16
    Expected Kivan and Branwen to have something to say when they ran into encounters related to their character history, but neither said a word except for the usual blurbs.
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    Yep, the NPC project adds Kivan's response. Normally, you have the chance of "joining" the bandits in either of the two woods surrounding the camp. Then, to prove yourself, you have to stand your ground against Tazok.

With Kivan in the party, Tazok recognises him and orders you slaughtered. This potentially makes the camp a bit harder since you' don't have the chance to sneak around and choose your moment to strike.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    Also wish Yeslick had something to say to Rieltar.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065

Yep, the NPC project adds Kivan's response.

Great, so basically I'm going to have to play this game AGAIN once the NPC project mod works.
  • GaNoNGaNoN Member Posts: 151
    Nifft said:

Yep, the NPC project adds Kivan's response.

Great, so basically I'm going to have to play this game AGAIN once the NPC project mod works.
    We will all have to play over an over :)

• Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    That's why this game's so great :-)
    BG is all about its replay value.
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    edited January 2013
    "That was a noble deed" every once in a while is more than enough for me :)

Kivan is such a shady (and righteous) character.
    I remember installing a mod that made him available (with quests, banters and everything) in BG2 and ending up uninstalling it after realizing the writer turned him into Legolas' sensitive, babbling cousin. So much for the dark, brooding, low-charisma badass whose "need for revenge gives him strength to go on".
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.