Skip to content

Can not connect to people in Multiplayer

britnusbritnus Member Posts: 3
Hello,
I can not get the multiplayer to connect to people. My friend has it on ipad and i have it on PC. We have all the proper ports open and still we can not seem to connect to each others games. Any suggestions?

Comments

• EraosEraos Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

A friend and I are actually having a similar problem, albeit on a different platform. We both have copies of BG:EE purchased from Steam, and we cannot connect to each other in order to play multiplayer. We have ports 47630, 6073, and 2300-2400 forwarded (both TCP and UDP) on the host, and we're never able to connect.

Any news on how to fix multiplayer?
  • tomhims5441tomhims5441 Member Posts: 8
    i noticed we still couldnt connect even from pc to pc. i think host could support 1 maybe 2 other players n then it would start to glitch out. n then if u add anymore players, it crashes. and if u dont restart somtimes it'll recrash again.

when i bought this game, i thought it was an Enhanced version. this is the same game but bg2 on top of it. sucha shame. didnt the count down on their website start around now just a year ago? beeen waitin since last january(?) for a bunk game.

i actually looked into it, turns out they have lots of lines of codes and they couldnt get it all done in time. we got 'vanguard' 'd. im not looking for excuses when i buy the game, i want answers.

how many times are we going to 'fix multiplayer issues' and have nothing change lol <---
    (also notice how they close alot of negative game posts from forums? lawl)
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited January 2013
    Well theire closing a lot of these threads , because a lot of people dont read the forums, and just plunder their problems here, so the forum get filled with the same problem in 100 threads.
    lordkim said:

Well theire closing a lot of these threads , because a lot of people dont read the forums, and just plunder their problems here, so the forum get filled with the same problem in 100 threads.

I've looked around, and I haven't found any obvious posts that detail how to make multiplayer work. What am I missing?

Sorry, to follow up on this, I *think* that the problem is that we are attempting to play MP with the Steam version of the game, which is inexplicably out-of-date; and it is claimed that the 2012 version solves a lot of MP issues.

That said, this question then transitions to when distribution on the Steam platform will be up-to-date with the Beamdog platform?
  • britnusbritnus Member Posts: 3
    This was my answer from beamdog about this issue.

"Hello,

The issue stems from the iPad version using Build 2009b, while the PC version is using Build 2012. As soon as the latest patch is approved by Apple and distributed to iPad users (it should be in the next couple of weeks), you should be able to connect just fine."

So i suppose when that patch is released for Ipad it will fix the problem..
  • britnusbritnus Member Posts: 3
    In response to
    "Remember, 192.168.*.* is not an IP address to connect to - it's an internal network IP - and you'll need one's real IP to play Baldur's Gate."

I have played with people multiplayer on the same local router. Instantly connects, but others with or without PC can not connect to me and i can not connect to them no matter what IP of ours we try.
  • trythisathometrythisathome Member Posts: 5
    Myself and someone I met today could not connect at all and we both have the beamdog version. their ipad also didnt work...both ways we tried having each other host to no avail. I've looked for a good two hours and have found like nothing on getting multiplayer to work. seems some people are playing just fine and LAN connections work fine...but the people i live with have the steam version...im tired and writing somewhat incoherently lol...sucks you know? but I am running win8 (smooth as silk) and disabled my comodo firewall and turned off peerblock...even though i didnt have one popup saying anything was blocked (i had made rules) ...so yeah..i remember having zero trouble when i was 14 and playing with what was it...mplayer? or maybe it was gamespy....both i think dont exist anymore...but curious now if they do and are solutions....but yeah...wheres the sticky giving step by step instructions on getting multiplayer to work? for those even less savvy than me...cause i know they're out there.
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    The thing that helped me get multiplayer going was Hamachi and making sure that everyone is running the game as an Admin (for Windows).
  • trythisathometrythisathome Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    the port checking tool would not install. it went through the process and finished instantly, but didn't actually extract any files on my win8 32...but the rest of the guide was somewhat a breeze (had to reset my router for lack of remembering the password) so now I guess i'll sit and wait for to try another game. Thanks for writing that out, but if this doesn't get it..there really ought to be an apparent sticky (named setting up multiplayer)

I also briefly looked at Hamachi, and it seemed to me that they wanted like $20 a year to utilize their program...(shareware) I'm not cool with that because for all I know tomorrow they will have beamdog multiplayer lobbies