Skip to content

Unable to sell Baeloth's staff

apeterssonapetersson Member Posts: 33
edited November 2013 in Fixed
Unexpected when trying to sell Baeloth's original staff: "I don't accept fenced goods. Give me something else"
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    All of Baeloth's stuff is marked.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Not quite, @Avenger_teambg: if you try to sell his two cursed potions as one lot, then they're rejected (by most shops) as stolen, BUT if you split them into 2 separate potiins held by different characters then one will become normally saleable while the other remains rejected.

By the way, I reckon the game's English is flawed in the rejection message. To say that an item has been "fenced" means that it has been sold to a fence (i.e. a dealer in stolen goods). Stolen goods are not "fenced" UNTIL they've been successfully sold to a dealer, whereas the game rejects them as "fenced" INSTEAD of allowing their sale. What the rejection message ought to say is "I don't fence stolen items" rather than "I don't accept fenced items".
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681

What the rejection message ought to say is "I don't fence stolen items" rather than "I don't accept fenced items".

Done.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    The splitting of stolen items is a bug, thanks for reporting that @Gallowglass :D