Skip to content

Anyone like old style films?

2»

Comments

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    The Dukes best movies are The Searchers and Red River. The Shootist was a fitting end to his career. The Western made him and the Western was his swan song.
  • hammernanvilhammernanvil Member Posts: 98
    The western MADE hollywood!! To deny that fact is ignorance.
  • H0RSEH0RSE Member Posts: 115
    edited January 2013

H0RSE said:

Oddly enough, John Wayne was a horrible actor. Yeah, he was big and pretty much "The man" of Hollywood back in his day, but as an actor, he pretty much sucked. I have talked to many old film buffs and John Wayne fans, and they agree.

Oh, and the Kardashians are not actresses - they are TV personalities/celebrities....

Blasphemy, the Duke may have not been the best actor, but he was THE DUKE, people loved him because he had character, anyone that doesn't agree that THE DUKE was a true class of character.... I have words for you....
    You obviously missed what I said and only focused on the parts that struck a chord with you...My brother in-law and all his friends are John Wayne nuts, and they would agree with what they said. Hell, he was the one that told me.

• shardivalshardival Member Posts: 9
    Oldest movie I really like is Star Trek TOS (this one with captain Kirk and Mr Spock) and first Battlestar Galactica. Second one was so "light and easy" compering it to remake. If you like BG - you NEED to see Blood and Chrome - fan made movie. It's great!
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    I like many old movies like the sherlock holmes, the miss marple, errol flynn movies!
  • SnakebaneSnakebane Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    Old style films for me are from the 1970's back. Too many for me to name, I watch more movies from the 1920's up to the 1970's than I do anything current. I like Sci-Fi and horror from those days just as much as the comedy and drama and action. The good old Godzilla versus movies still hold a high position on my list at all times. Bogart never bores me, Rathbone keeps me intrigued, Crosby keeps me entertained, Hope keeps me laughing, Price keeps me in suspense, and Godzilla keeps me cheering :p
    If you like like old sci-fi and saw Metropolis, check out Transatlantic Tunnel ( 1935 ). Most of the technology they "imagined" in the film ( Flat screen TV's, video phones, giant tunnel drills, flying cars, the list is long ) is common place for us today.
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    Inherit the Wind (1960) is my all time favorite movie. The banter in the courtroom between Spencer Tracy and Fredric March is epic. Plus, there's also Dick York (Bewitched), Harry Morgan (M.A.S.H.), and Gene Kelly (Singin' in the Rain.) It's like an all star cast of awesome.

Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) is another favorite. Audrey Hepburn <3
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Some of my favorites, in chronological order:

Modern Times (1936)
    Stage Coach (1939)
    The Great Dictator (1940)
    Casablanca (1942)
    High Noon (1952)
    The Caine Mutiny (1954 - my all-time favorite)
  • rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    edited January 2013
    @Motresor_SP...glad to see Chaplin getting some love
  • rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292