Skip to content

Fanart Contest Round I: Epic Fails In Epic Moments (UPDATE: Winner Announced!)

JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
edited January 2013 in Fan Creations
Round I of Candlekeep's Grand Fanart Contest has officially begun! The winner of this round will receive one free copy of BG:EE as well as one free copy of BG2:EE when it is released. In addition, your artwork may be featured in The Candlekeep Library! For a recap of the rules, please see this announcement. You do not need to sign up to participate, but we'd love it if you did.

Theme
Pick any moment in Baldur's Gate (preferred) or Baldur's Gate II (accepted) that is full of pathos and/or heroic tension, render it unto utter desolation through some awkward epic fail, and capture the disillusion and disbelief on everyone's face and body mimicry.

Example: What would happen if Gorion beat Sarevok during their initial confrontation? @AndreaColombo and I thought about this and imagined Sarevok reloading his save with an anime-style sweatdrop on his head. The cutscene is an epic moment in which Sarevok's supposed to win; Sarevok losing the battle and reloading is an awkward epic fail.

Ending Time
This round will end at 12:00 P.M. CET on January 23rd, which is exactly two weeks from now (click the link to see the time and date for your time zone).

Ready? Set? Draw!
Post edited by Jalily on
AndreaColomboMoomintrollCuv

Comments

• husmusflushusmusflus Member Posts: 7
    So it's allowed to make a total imaginary scene but based on a real encounter in BG(:ee) and make a comic, right?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Wait, who's judging this? I get to judge it right?
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,497
    Helm, know that and the judged.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    It's the giant blue eyes and "Daddy whut?" expression that sell the picture to me.
    Cuv
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    I like it! hehe
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    @Pantalion - awesome!
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    @Pantalion Nice! xD
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Good job @Pantalion !

I've started mine this morning , I believe I'll post it by the weekend.
  • SorinSorin Member Posts: 4
    forgot to site the banner in the top right. got it from these forums :P
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Creepy demonic Boo is clearly a Bhaalspawn himself in that comic. Brr.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    @Cuv , very funny!!!
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Please note that round 1 of the competition is now over. No more submissions for this round will be accepted past this point.

Good luck to everyone who made an entry, judging will last a week and will commence shortly.
    ReadingRambololien
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Congratulations Trinit!
    trinit
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    !!!
    yay!

thank you very much, to the jury and everybody who participated/liked/voted in this round :)

i didn't want to say anything until the results/voting were over, but i really agree that all the entries were good and i didn't dare to predict who could/should win.

once again, thank you. :)
    PantalionajwzFlashburn