Skip to content

Gorion's Death Place Map....

qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
edited February 2013 in Fixed
This bug refers to the map in which Gorion dies.After he died i ran straight through the map trying to reach the Friendly Arm in to get 2 more people for my party...later on in my adventures i returned to Gorions resting spot to explore and everyone i met talked as if he "just" died even though months have passed.....immersion breaking for me.
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    Id make 2 sets of dialogue:

1-gorion just died have npcs & party talk like its default.
    2-once character leaves map for first time change the dialogue to something that works for future visits.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    The game is fourteen years old. This might make for a decent modder's goal, but I doubt it's high on the developer's to-do list. And it certainly isn't a bug.
    TJ_Hooker
    Well when you can go months on end(chapter 3) right now and return and everything said is as if gorion just died...well to me thats a bug.
    Totally ruins the immersion factor, the most i can do is not talk to anyone while im there.
    It needs to be fixed.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416

Well when you can go months on end(chapter 3) right now and return and everything said is as if gorion just died...well to me thats a bug.
    Totally ruins the immersion factor, the most i can do is not talk to anyone while im there.
    It needs to be fixed.

There's zero purpose in returning to that area later in the game. A bug is an issue with the mechanics of the game itself, not dialogue options in obsolete areas.

If I'm nearing the end of the game with a heroic reputation, having solved everyone's problems on the entire sword coast and having bested legendary dungeons like Durlag's Tower, the average commoner still doesn't know my name. That, too, isn't a bug. It's simply a reality of a game this vast, especially one this old. And it isn't going to be fixed any time soon.
    TJ_Hooker
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    This is a completely ludicrous complaint.
    TJ_HookerSylvus_MoonbowQuineloe
    edited January 2013
    whatever its something id like to see fixed but prob wont ever happen,dont get me wrong i think overhaul did a great job so far its just my play style.
    Post edited by qwert_44643 on
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Well, xzar an monti will leave after some time.
    I could destroy kolssed if you ever seen the friendly arm inn.
    I wouldn't do much more about this as we are talking about changing original content.
    Kirkortommy
    yeah i understand if your up to it that would be great...as i mentioned i ran all the way to the friendly arm inn so i could strengthen my party and months later i went back to further explore and when i met an npc all the dialogue was as if gorion just died after months has passed.Please let me know if you mod it and thank you for your kindness.
    Did it and It works.
    qwert_44643Kirkortommy
    Is it posted somewhere and how do i get it and install it?
    U will find the fix in the next patch, most likely :)
    Kirkor