Skip to content

Is it possible to kill Drizzt or Elminster?

Slit518Slit518 Member Posts: 16
edited February 2013 in Off-Topic
Without cheating (inputting a command to auto-kill or heal, etc...), in the Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate, with the supposed new fixes and everything, is it possible to kill Drizzt or Elminster?
Post edited by mlnevese on

Comments

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Yes.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    edited February 2013
    Bhaaldog said:

Indeed it is, although I question why would someone want to...

Drizzt - for nice armor and swords + alot of XP
    Elminster - lots of XP

Yes you can kill them. Killing Elminster maybe be tricky, as he disappears after he talks with you. But it's doable. More funny thing is, even if you kill him, he still appears later in the game as if nothing happened.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Bhaaldog The main reason I see given in the forums are Drizzt's items and easy XP from Elminster....
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Let's wait if @satyrion has any tips on this as he can kill Drizzt with any class without cheese or hacks.
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    Bhaaldog said:

mlnevese said:

@Bhaaldog The main reason I see given in the forums are Drizzt's items and easy XP from Elminster....

Indeed, but as I mainly roleplay someone of good alignment it is not something that I do...
    As someone who does extreme powergaming at least with solo chars its what I do with them.
    Bhaaldog said:

Slit518 said:

Without cheating (inputting a command to auto-kill or heal, etc...), in the Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate, with the supposed new fixes and everything, is it possible to kill Drizzt or Elminster?

A Chaotic Evil character wants fame/ego boost for killing Drizzt not to mention his weapons and armor.

I have no idea why someone would like to kill an old man like Elminster. For fun?

edited February 2013
    Bhaaldog said:

mlnevese said:

Indeed, but as I mainly roleplay someone of good alignment it is not something that I do...
    That's the worst thing about playing a good party. You cannot legitimately murder Drizzt.
    Post edited by Wilbur on
  • satyrionsatyrion Member Posts: 104
    i can kill Drizzt with any class
  • SplodSplod Member Posts: 114
    @satyrion
    Yeah, but we're all convinced you're a giant douche.
    Pretty certain I speak for the majority when I say we don't care about your boasts of breaking the game in your quest for 'real D&D.'
    Splod said:

@satyrion
    Yeah, but we're all convinced you're a giant douche.
    Pretty certain I speak for the majority when I say we don't care about your boasts of breaking the game in your quest for 'real D&D.'

a giant douche ehh? dont u mean a winner at life?
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited February 2013
    "I don't want to vote for either a giant douche or a turd sandwich! I'm not voting!"
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    Bhaaldog said:

Slit518 said:

Well.... why not? DID YOU EVER THINK ABOUT THAT?!
  • RheiosRheios Member Posts: 22
    If...if you actually believe that the "winners" in life (I'll get back to that) have to be douches then I am SO sorry for you. What kind of dystopian people do you live around that the people you consider winners feel the need to go out of their way to mistreat you?

Next, how does one WIN life? I mean, honestly, how? By being rich? Can't take it with you? By being good a game? Pretty apparent that not everyone cares about that enough to call you a "winner", and to truly be a winner others need to recognize the victory. So the only answer I can say to that is, maybe being happy? If you're happy and make others happy and secure then maybe that's as close as you can get to "winning" something that's not a game.

But if you need to come here and post, what I assume are troll comments, are you really a winner? Are you really happy? Do you look at yourself and feel a swelling of pride in the list of your accomplishments, or do you just feel this baseless pride that you can never pin to anything, so you have to defend it aggressively because its all you have? Because "winners", as far as I know them, don't have to do that.

@belgarathmth: Ahhh...South Park. Nice one
    Rheios said:

If...if you actually believe that the "winners" in life (I'll get back to that) have to be douches then I am SO sorry for you. What kind of dystopian people do you live around that the people you consider winners feel the need to go out of their way to mistreat you?

Next, how does one WIN life? I mean, honestly, how? By being rich? Can't take it with you? By being good a game? Pretty apparent that not everyone cares about that enough to call you a "winner", and to truly be a winner others need to recognize the victory. So the only answer I can say to that is, maybe being happy? If you're happy and make others happy and secure then maybe that's as close as you can get to "winning" something that's not a game.

But if you need to come here and post, what I assume are troll comments, are you really a winner? Are you really happy? Do you look at yourself and feel a swelling of pride in the list of your accomplishments, or do you just feel this baseless pride that you can never pin to anything, so you have to defend it aggressively because its all you have? Because "winners", as far as I know them, don't have to do that.

@belgarathmth: Ahhh...South Park. Nice one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QS0q3mGPGg

Winning

• moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    satyrion has werebear blood.

So he is like Charlie Sheen +1
  • VittordeVittoVittordeVitto Member Posts: 225
    @werebear can!
  • WerebearWerebear Guest Posts: 4
    I COME AS SUMMONED MASTER!!!

What the...

YOU AREN'T SATYRION!

*poof*
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    Bhaaldog said:

IkMarc said:

Bhaaldog said:

Slit518 said:

Well.... why not? DID YOU EVER THINK ABOUT THAT?!
    Yes. Your point being?

Sometimes you just need to do these things for the heck of it.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    The best way to kill Drizzt is to level up to 11 as a shapeshifter and then summon werebears, he'll go down in 3 seconds, you don't even have to get involved in the fight.
    SirK8 said:

The best way to kill Drizzt is to level up to 11 as a shapeshifter and then summon werebears, he'll go down in 3 seconds, you don't even have to get involved in the fight.

AKA epic winning

satyrion said:

i can kill Drizzt with any class

No you can't.

We are still waiting you kill him with a wizard slayer and with a monk.

Until then, don't lie to the poor kid.
    SirK8 said:

ROLF
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Wilbur said:

Let's wait if @satyrion has any tips on this as he can kill Drizzt with any class without cheese or hacks.

Please gods, NO! Haven't we heard enough about the subject from that ahem... quadrant?

@The_spyder

Man, this dude is the only Troll of this forum...

He has a lot of work to do, we will never ever hear enough about him...
This discussion has been closed.