Skip to content

Chill Touch effects disapear on re-load

MagikGimpMagikGimp Member Posts: 30
Don't know if this is a EE or vanilla bug so move this thread as you see fit if necessary.

I cast said spell. Save. Go try to fight and die. Re-load to try again as it's great to one-hit things with a mage. Back to regular hands. Spell has been used up.

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I couldn't reproduce this one. I tried several times, but the spell persists for me whether I use quicksave/quickload or the regular save and load.
  • MagikGimpMagikGimp Member Posts: 30
    Hmm, I'll try it again later. If it's any help it was Xzar casting changed to a woman with the Girdle of Gender Change or whatever it's called wearing the Novice's Robe.
    I mention this because I've noticed his/her sprite not moving when he walks sometimes; he glides as if on roller-heels! I haven't made a thread about that bug because there are so many graphical glitches (doors not correctly open/shut, flickering sprites when moving items, videos stutter and are too wide in 1024x768 and yet play fine in a regular media player, if you task-switch with Alt-Tab sometimes the desktop is garbled and always when you switch back the screen is flickering but is fixed on next redraw... to name, well, a few or so) and so perhaps it's connected to that.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    The spell is gone after a save/reload in my game, just like the OP describes.
  • MagikGimpMagikGimp Member Posts: 30
    Thanks TJ. I was wondering if this was a vanilla 'feature' that was considered normal behaviour as corpses aren't redrawn too on re-loading a save and such.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited February 2013
    @Jalily interesting, i cast chill touch, press q press l and it is gone. The bug's number is #1084