Which NPC is better?

Current line up:
Charname Gnome Fighter/Illusionist
Monty
Kagain
Yeslick
Quayle

That's right, it's the short crew!

This is a hardcore core rules run. I'm interested in completing and interesting dialogue.

Also, do you think Monty is better as dual short sword or sword and board with long sword? I went with long sword just as no one else would use them otherwise but I've had a few second thoughts. I really like Buckleys Buckler on Monty though to bump up his HP.

Had great fun with this group so far, I love the visual of the midget swarm overwhelming big enemies. No cleric was very challenging until getting Yeslick and involved many deaths.

Comments

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Tiax Rules ALL! Of Course Tiax is superior. One day Tiax will point and click.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Alora, especially as her lucky rabbit's foot is now awesome, as @quartz pointed out recently
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Alora.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    edited February 2013
    Wowo said:

Which NPC is better?

Current line up:
    Charname Gnome Fighter/Illusionist
    Monty
    Kagain
    Yeslick
    Quayle

That's right, it's the short crew!

This is a hardcore core rules run. I'm interested in completing and interesting dialogue.

Also, do you think Monty is better as dual short sword or sword and board with long sword? I went with long sword just as no one else would use them otherwise but I've had a few second thoughts. I really like Buckleys Buckler on Monty though to bump up his HP.

Had great fun with this group so far, I love the visual of the midget swarm overwhelming big enemies. No cleric was very challenging until getting Yeslick and involved many deaths.

In my most recent game with Monty he uses short sword and the +1 Con buckler early on, the I gave him 2 pips in staves, as the best backstab weapon in BGEE is a stave, you can also now get a +2 staff in Cloakwood, and it's good to have a crushing weapon available, as they're better against plate and enemies who are resistant to piercing and/or slashing.
  • FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    Alora is definitely better especially since you probably have Monty as a backstabber instead of a trapper/klepto.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited February 2013
    Alora is a KICKASS thief. Monty can focus more on Stealth and Setting Traps if you have her around to deal with all the other things. (She gets ridiculous thieving scores. 19 Dex, Halfling bonuses, and her Rabbit Foot adds +10% to all of them) You also already have Yeslick and Quayle both casting Clerical spells. You don't need a third. Furthermore, Quayle and Tiax might actually fight each other to the death.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Alora
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    She does not.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Bhaaldog said:

Could someone remind me, but I am correct in thinking Alora does not make a cameo in BG2?

Which is good. All of those cameos sucked and were OOC.
  • SelabocSelaboc Member Posts: 64
    Alora hands (and lucky rabbits foot) down
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Tiax, because Tiax and Quayle do not like eachother :D
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Alora. She's adorbz, and her Lucky Rabbit's Foot is awesome, I hear. ...going to get her in my next playthrough. :!
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    So I went with Tiax. He has staff and THF'ing making him a good backstabber and between the 2 they cover thief skills quite well.
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    Interesting dialogue is a factor, and there are people who don't vote Tiax?!

When Tiax rules, a swift kick in the arse (elven or otherwise) will be mandated at regular intervals for such people!

I do remember some sort of clash between Quayle and Tiax because each has a huge ego, but can't remember if it came to blows or not. (it was my first playthrough back when BG came out)