Skip to content

Using NPC mules

Its safe to use npc chars as mules? i mean put tons of stuff in them and kick them out from party when ur in the inn or something.

Its safe? because i read somewhere that in BG-1 there were bugs about this, NPC's reseting their inventory when u didnt visit the zone for big intervals of time.

Comments

• PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    I always just leave stuff in containers (like the chest next to Dorn at the FAI).
    TJ_Hooker
  • GaNoNGaNoN Member Posts: 151
    PeteAtoms said:

I always just leave stuff in containers (like the chest next to Dorn at the FAI).

They never Reset O_O?

and someone tried using NPC's as mules?
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    edited January 2013
    The point of mules is that they can move with you.
    TJ_Hooker
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    GaNoN said:

PeteAtoms said:

They never Reset O_O?
    Nope, they shouldn't
    GaNoN said:

and someone tried using NPC's as mules?

If you mean simply using your party members to help you lug stuff around, then yes, it's been done. But if you're just going to leave them in a building somewhere, there's no advantage to giving them a bunch of stuff to hold on to rather than just putting it in a chest or something.
    GaNoNQuartz
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    As long as the zone itself isn't altered in some way, containers never reset. And I'm pretty sure no zone alters in BG1, it's more of a BG2 concern.

It might be possible to have an NPC hold onto junk and kick them out to claim the junk later, but I don't see the point of it. Why are you carrying around so much stuff that you're even considering that? Since your new, I might add: Feel free to ditch or pawn the bounty notices you doubtlessly have been collecting. They serve no purpose other than to add flavor to the game.
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    Madhax said:

As long as the zone itself isn't altered in some way, containers never reset. And I'm pretty sure no zone alters in BG1, it's more of a BG2 concern.

It might be possible to have an NPC hold onto junk and kick them out to claim the junk later, but I don't see the point of it. Why are you carrying around so much stuff that you're even considering that? Since your new, I might add: Feel free to ditch or pawn the bounty notices you doubtlessly have been collecting. They serve no purpose other than to add flavor to the game.

Or invest in the scroll case (along with the other containers in BGEE).
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    Madhax said:

Uhm well candlekeep but well you can't really store stuff there anyway and I'm not sure about the areas in Baldurs Gate. Also you shouldn't have to much stuff but thats coming from someone that almost never feels the need for item storing places in any game.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.