Skip to content

Any plans to let us Delete posts?

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
I always wondered why you can't delete a post you create here. You can edit it to say "Nevermind" for example... so is there a point in not letting someone delete one? I searched Community Support and couldn't believe that I didn't see a post like this already. I could have just missed it though.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Bhaaldog said:

It gives moderators a degree of control should something nasty and green rear its head...

Yeah but they can already delete posts! Lol. And again, you can edit away your post just as easily as you can delete it away... but maybe they can see a history of it that way. I dunno, maybe its a forum limitation.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    We can see edit logs.

If you want your post or topic to be deleted, just say so in the title/post or PM a mod if it's urgent (but don't edit in a tag because that doesn't send a notification).
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Jalily said:

We can see edit logs.

If you want your post or topic to be deleted, just say so in the title/post or PM a mod if it's urgent (but don't edit in a tag because that doesn't send a notification).

Gotcha! Just was more curious why the functionality isn't built in.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    There's also the inability to clear out the notifications area on your profile. My guess would be that, and it's a stab in the dark, it might be something to do with a privilege issue, possibly a bug. Forum security or something.

You generally can't delete posts since they're the only way of knowing what went down, should a moderator need to be notified (this is only an example). A person can edit their own post, but they can't edit quotes, and if a person has quoted you then there's little point in deleting it even if you did have the power. There could be a number of different reasons why or why not.

Other than that, forum limitations. Moderators can delete all posts, but standard users probably don't have an option that says they can only delete their own posts (again, it comes back to what privileges the standard user has in the forum software).