Skip to content

Small Symbols in Portrait

I never played D&D, but I've played a butt-ton of RPGs and MMOs - I understand the basics. BGEE is keeping me stumped on some stuff, though. Mostly interface related. I didn't get any kind of manual for the App Store version, so I have no legend, or guide.

Specifically, what do the icons on the character portrait mean? Some of them are self evident, like when you cast a spell or take an action combat, but others are beyond me. Also, they seem to be in different corners. I can understand the "entangle" icon, etc.. ATM, there's a small hello cross icon in the upper right corn of jahiera's portrait. Where's the legend.

Comments

• EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    If you look in the Character Page all of the current effects on your character will be explained beside the icon.
  • VonliegeVonliege Member Posts: 7
    Okay... I'll dig for that. I should be able to figure it out from there. Thanks!
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    They are either spell effects or item effects. They may be negative effects your characters are suffering. (Held, confused, asleep, dire-charmed etc) Or beneficial and defensive spells on your characters. (Bless, Armor, Shield spell, etc.) Or if you wear a ring that grants fire resistance, it will display 'fire resistance' symbol as long as you wear it. Look at character screen for explanations. It will list all of the symbols on character portrait.
  • JasonMaJasonMa Member Posts: 3
    The small yellow cross in the upper corner means that the character has earned enough experience to level up. In the character record the Level Up button will now be enabled.
    lunar