Skip to content

The new UI for BG:EE

2»

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I hope the quick-bar will allow for at least the levels of customization that IWD2 had. I liked being able to put on my quick-bar whatever I felt like putting.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    The new interface looks a little too blingy for me, hopefully they will tone it down so it blends into the background where it belongs.
  • WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    Is it just me or would it be aswesome with an obsidian (black stone) interface?
  • dandydandy Member Posts: 35
    i must've missed something, no loading screens? how?
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    edited August 2012
    @Ward
    Ward said:

EDIT: Near Infinity also lets me have access to the original portrait files, in high quality resolution baby!

What? Where! WANT! GIMME! Gimme gimme gimme!
    *gets a hold of herself*
    Ahem. My Apologies.
    Would you be so kind as to share the original high-res portraits with this rabid fan? That would be most kind of you. :)

EDIT: Never mind, I found out what Near Infinity is, downloaded it and used it. :)

Post edited by Syntia13 on
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    Makes me want to buy an Ipad.
  • WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    @Dandy More Ram available, so they can keep a lot more in memory (Potentially loading a huge chunk of the map in the background). Not to mention, waay stronger computers than we had back then (and faster hdd's). Or they could just load exactly whats needed for the first screen and then rapidly load the rest in stages *Shrug* Many paths lead to no loading screens.
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    @Zeckul i hate to say it, but it does seem rather anticlimactic to me. i was hoping for redesign of icons, and something less visually agressive. i dislike the golden color of the icons (silver would be better IMO). i like the stony texture and color though.

too bad. i was hoping for some more redesign. :/
  • LediathLediath Member Posts: 125
    I think the UI in general has too much POP. It sticks out too much. I think this can be pretty easily fixed, if they drop the contrast down a bit but meh... its merely personal preference.

@trinit I was also hoping for a complete rework of the UI. IMO, it's one of the few things in the BG series that doesn't hold up that well to the test of time. It just feels too clunky for today's standards.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

BG:EE will have a dark stone finish to it, similar to BG1.

I think that's a good news :-)
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Personally, I don't like those screenshots very much. It's like a BG2 GUI with a (worse than BG1) stony look that has one too many golden parts. I also agree with @Lediath that it stands out too much. Hopefully, those looks are not definitive.
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited August 2012
    Azure blue for the boys and candy pink for the girls, that's it ? ^^

Seriously, the blue color is too flashy for my part, please give us something more in medieval style like the stone of Bg1 or the wood of Bg2.

And what about character screen ? The size portrait are the same (110x170) ? Inventory ? Wolrdmap ?.. Show us all screens !! ^^

By the way, is it possible to create shortcuts like NWN (eg: sword + shield in one click after using a bow/crossbow) ?

Edit : I read that is not a definitive look, oufff.. I was afraid.
  • oldsch00loldsch00l Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 192

The style Neverwinter Nights used was actually very good, although instead of being limited to 12 buttons + Shift buttons and such, I would rather have like, 25 positions to configure everything with everyone, everyone having their own different setup.

That's how it works in DA:O : you get an extensible bar where you can put everything you want (objects, skills, spells,...), set it up differently on different characters and even lock it up to avoid messing with your perfect organization :-)