Skip to content

Waving my wand around

Folks,
I'm trying in vain to use a variety of wands and throwable potion bottles.
The characters are capable, and I have the goods.
But, no matter how hard I try I cannot get the wands or bottles to target the bad guys.
Actually about 5% of the time it works, but I can't find any discernible pattern.
I try it with them holding other weapons & not. I click on the wand or bottle quick use icon and the square outline turns orange.
I target the bad guy and the circle below him/ her changes to 4 red triangles.
Then the good guy charges the bad guy and tries to pummel him. What??
Not always....but, most of the time.

What could I be doing wrong???

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Maybe you have scripts activated, and by the time you give the command to use the wand/potion the script kicks in and your char wades into melee.

Disable AI. Pause the game. Tap on the wand in your quick slot, then tap on an enemy creature. Unpause the game and don't give any other command. It should take 1-2 seconds for the wand to activate and blast the bad guy. (it is not instantenous)
  • Coelacanth64Coelacanth64 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the assistance. The touch screen is indeed touchy, but the pause option helps a lot!
  • Coelacanth64Coelacanth64 Member Posts: 12
    One additional question. Once I've purchased a wand is that the one and only time this item will be available?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Shops do not refresh their stock, ever. When your wand is low on charges, you can sell it and buy it back again and this will fully recharge it. (but the gold cost would be great) If you completely deplete a wand, it is gone forever. Never use a wand that has only one charge left, or it will dissappear.